Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Las Vegas, NV - Bridger Ave.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I suspect you would if the automakers owned the stations, at superchargers you're filling up a Tesla at a Tesla station. I wouldn't expect Tesla to assist with a broken Chargepoint station. Certainly some help would be available at a gas station if there were a problem with a pump, even if just an out of order sign and directions to use an operable pump. But gas stations are usually staffed, it's a bit more difficult when the stations are autonomous, Tesla must wait for a report on an issue if not notified by the equipment. But I'll be checking it out this morning and will report the problem if there is one. Must help them out whenever possible.

I think Monsoon was pointing out that Tesla owns the charging infrastructure for its cars. Imagine, for example, that GM owned a network of gas stations that only worked with GM vehicles and were far superior to the gas stations that everyone else has to use. Huge competitive advantage, right? Traditional analysts usually fail to account for this, which is why most of them think that competitors will "catch up" with their own EVs and steal away Tesla's market share - they don't understand the value of the supercharger network.

I think Monsoon was pointing out that Tesla owns the charging infrastructure for its cars. Imagine, for example, that GM owned a network of gas stations that only worked with GM vehicles and were far superior to the gas stations that everyone else has to use. Huge competitive advantage, right? Traditional analysts usually fail to account for this, which is why most of them think that competitors will "catch up" with their own EVs and steal away Tesla's market share - they don't understand the value of the supercharger network.

Yes, that was my point. You said it better.

Something I found interesting (bit off topic but ah well)

Bellagio has a model S HPWC

ga3ysuby.jpg

Its in the valet and has a little shrine built for it :p

Darmok, do you know if the new Downtown Grand has a parking garage with EV chargers? I know the SC is close and I could charge there, but for my annual January NFL playoffs trip to Vegas my crew and I have stayed at various downtown hotels for the last 20 years (usually the Golden Nugget). We were real impressed with the Downtown Grand this year and want to stay there next year. Definitely want to drive my new S85 from San Diego instead of flying this time - would be nice to plug into a J1772 or a NEMA 14-50 at the Downtown Grand while I'm there.

Darmok, do you know if the new Downtown Grand has a parking garage with EV chargers? I know the SC is close and I could charge there, but for my annual January NFL playoffs trip to Vegas my crew and I have stayed at various downtown hotels for the last 20 years (usually the Golden Nugget). We were real impressed with the Downtown Grand this year and want to stay there next year. Definitely want to drive my new S85 from San Diego instead of flying this time - would be nice to plug into a J1772 or a NEMA 14-50 at the Downtown Grand while I'm there.

I don't know but will find out.

I don't know but will find out.

Apparently nothing at the Downtown Grand. They opened too late for the NV Energy program. There are lots of places to charge downtown though. As long as you're down there you can just go to the SpC and use it as an excuse to see the container park or east Fremont. See the post earlier in the thread with restaurant suggestions, Le Thai is my favorite. And if you like salmon go Triple George across third street from the Grand. Best I've ever had.

Apparently nothing at the Downtown Grand. They opened too late for the NV Energy program. There are lots of places to charge downtown though. As long as you're down there you can just go to the SpC and use it as an excuse to see the container park or east Fremont. See the post earlier in the thread with restaurant suggestions, Le Thai is my favorite. And if you like salmon go Triple George across third street from the Grand. Best I've ever had.
Thanks for checking. I've sent them an e-mail saying they should consider installing a few 14-50 stations.

Been to Le Thai a few times. Love that place. Thanks for the rec on Triple George.

We were charging at the Las Vegas supercharger on Monday, 5/12 and there were a couple of stalls blocked off. Some electricians were working on some overhead conduit. I asked what was going on and one said not to worry--their work would not affect my charging. Then the other one said that they would be adding eight more stalls "upstairs".

We were charging at the Las Vegas supercharger on Monday, 5/12 and there were a couple of stalls blocked off. Some electricians were working on some overhead conduit. I asked what was going on and one said not to worry--their work would not affect my charging. Then the other one said that they would be adding eight more stalls "upstairs".

Those eight, upstairs stalls are probably private for the Tesla Limo service that we have heard about for a while.

I'm at the site now. There is a work van taking up a charging stall and a scissors lift but nobody working and no sign of work. No permits that I could find. There are supposed to be stalls added upstairs in the private garage for the project 100 cars. It's a car sharing service.