Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Las Vegas, NV - Bridger Ave.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to Plugshare, it seems like Bellagio has a HPWC for Model S. Has anyone used this/can anyone confirm? And do you have to be staying there to use it? I've seen the comments regarding Aria's 14-50, and you don't need to stay there for that one, but I'm planning on staying at Monte Carlo, which is connected to Aria, and Bellagio (by shuttle-monorail thingy)

I think you're in the exact scenario I was thinking of -- staying at a hotel that doesn't have great charging alternatives.

I've stayed/charged at several hotels including Aria (14-150), Bellagio (110v in October - not sure about now), Mandalay Bay, and Palazzo/Venetian, but the SC opens up the rest of the hotels that have been lagging in setting up good charging alternatives. Also, there are times when the various charging options above are full (particularly on weekends), and the SC makes these irrelevant.

I tried releasing one of the charge cables from its holder. It was locked, pushing the button did nothing. As it would take electrical current to do that, it's likely nothing is turned on at all. Probably still waiting for power and/or inspection before doing their own testing to commission the site. I emailed the guy at TM who is in charge of the site and he said he would probably be turning it on himself and might give me a heads up as to when. No word yet.

Darmok, unless these Supercharger pedestals are a type that I've not seen used elsewhere, there's no latch holding the business end of the charging wand to the pedestal: you just lift it up off its little detent and pull it free of the receptacle, sort of how most gas pump nozzles come out of their holders. Pushing the button on the wand just unlocks any Model S charging port door within range, so long as the wand is energized.

Darmok, unless these Supercharger pedestals are a type that I've not seen used elsewhere, there's no latch holding the business end of the charging wand to the pedestal: you just lift it up off its little detent and pull it free of the receptacle, sort of how most gas pump nozzles come out of their holders. Pushing the button on the wand just unlocks any Model S charging port door within range, so long as the wand is energized.

I may have been doing it wrong but I couldn't get the nozzle out. But I've only used the older style, it's been nearly a year since I've actually charged at a supercharger.

This is actually a great idea. Topping off your battery before you hit up the strip would be a safer way to have the Tesla in Vegas. (This way you're not relying on the Valet at hotels to keep your car charged)

According to Plugshare, it seems like Bellagio has a HPWC for Model S. Has anyone used this/can anyone confirm? And do you have to be staying there to use it? I've seen the comments regarding Aria's 14-50, and you don't need to stay there for that one, but I'm planning on staying at Monte Carlo, which is connected to Aria, and Bellagio (by shuttle-monorail thingy)

Aria valet (north valet) will plug in your car. I stayed there in October.

Need a NEMA 14-50 adapter according to most on plugshare.

Are these readily available? Where would I get one from (picking up my car this Friday)

this is is the same tesla adapter you want to get with your car and delivery (along with J1772 and 120v). Ask tesla DS...

14-50 and 120v come standard with the car and in the bag with the UMC -- you won't have to ask...

It would be great if somehow you could change this thread's title to "....Vegas LIVE!" when they finally throw the switch (same goes with the other SpC threads, too!).

I was told there was a "Boring problem" with this Las Vegas AZ site.. ?? To my understanding, engineers have to reexamine how to get power to the site. It may take some boring through "???" and that means engineers have to take another look.. sooo it may be awhile before we see this site "live." The crew that was working here is on standby until the engineers are done?!?!?

Hummm so at least the wall will be painted:crying:!!! ?

I was told there was a "Boring problem" with this Las Vegas AZ site.. ?? To my understanding, engineers have to reexamine how to get power to the site. It may take some boring through "???" and that means engineers have to take another look.. sooo it may be awhile before we see this site "live." The crew that was working here is on standby until the engineers are done?!?!?

Hummm so at least the wall will be painted:crying:!!! ?

Interesting. There hasn't been anything going on there for a few days, bays are taped off as before. There is a big green transformer box out front, on the other side of a wall from Tesla's equipment that feeds the supercharger units themselves. They had dug that area up a few weeks ago and then filled it all in, so I presumed the connections had been made. Sucks that it's taking so long.

Better?

jabu7ezu.jpg