Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hendersonville, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Guacahummus

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2020
Tex 📐
I thought we already had a thread for this, but I was probably thinking of Hendersonville TN. Anyway, I came across this other thread while searching and am posting it here for reference. If I skimmed it correctly, it was just @mechrock noting that a new Spinx gas station was going in at the north end of Hville (next to Fletcher), and he was speculating that a Tesla site could go in there. Rumor - Potential Supercharger - Fletcher, NC

Reactions: MWhy
IMG_8872.jpeg
IMG_8871.jpeg

Stopped by this morning. Photo with my car is along 64, the other photo is behind Panera.

Hendersonville, NC

Host Type: Restaurant
Host: Panera
Along Primary Interstates: I-26
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-25, US-64, US-74
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-26

To: Spartanburg, SC - 44.2 miles
Diversion: 1.2 miles
To: Columbia - Harbison Blvd, SC - 126 miles

US-25

To: Asheville - Thetford St, NC - 15.3 miles
Diversion: 3.6 miles
To: Asheville - 4 S Tunnel Rd, NC - 21.4 miles

US-64

From: Chattanooga - Hamilton Place Blvd, TN - 206.7 miles
To: Mocksville, NC - 150.5 miles
Diversion: 0.5 miles
To: Lexington, NC - 171.2 miles

US-74

To: Gastonia, NC - 82.7 miles
Diversion: 1.1 miles
To: Charlotte - 1111 Metropolitan Ave, NC - 100 miles

Another location on I-26 and 3 other US Numbered Highways, notably US-64, where is splits a large gap.

I remember the good old days when I-26 was mysteriously lacking in Superchargers.

I hope this site does get a Magic Dock upgrade, if only to embarrass the local government. MORE than two years ago, the NC DEQ issued a grant (to the county?) of $112k to building a SINGLE 50 kW DCFC station in Henderson NC. Absolutely nothing has happened, and since then state has since issued other RFPs, I'm guessing this fell through and won't ever happen. https://www.plugshare.com/location/253608

Fortunately there's a site in Saluda about 5 miles away, and plenty in Asheville, of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope this site does get a Magic Dock upgrade, if only to embarrass the local government. MORE than two years ago, the NC DEQ issued a grant (to the county?) of $112k to building a SINGLE 50 kW DCFC station in Henderson NC. Absolutely nothing has happened, and since then state has since issued other RFPs, I'm guessing this fell through and won't ever happen. https://www.plugshare.com/location/253608

Fortunately there's a site in Saluda about 5 miles away, and plenty in Asheville, of course.
In the next couple years this will be a moot point as a CCS to NACs adapter will exist and all new cars will use NACs and just plug right into the superchargers.

Last edited by a moderator: