Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hendersonville, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@mechrock beat me to the posting. I went by yesterday after lunch (wish White Duck Taco close but not quite within walking distance of this location).

All posts look done, but unnumbered. The biggest hold-up is probably the lack of a transformer on its pad, to the left of the white cabinets in my picture. Definitely don't count on this one being open for Thanksgiving later this week, and I would be surprised if it's even open by Christmas.

hendersonville_left_side.jpg

hendersonville_center.jpg

hendersonville_right_side.jpg

hendersonville_transformer_pad.jpg

I seeing temp closure is this site open?

Temp closures can vary wildly in duration, from a few minutes to several days. Often the case that by the time you drive there, at least some of the posts will be available.

If you are road-tripping and need a charge, the Asheville, NC - Thetford St. supercharger is only about 15 miles north of Hendersonville. It is right off I-26 in an upscale shopping center.

I hope this site does get a Magic Dock upgrade, if only to embarrass the local government. MORE than two years ago, the NC DEQ issued a grant (to the county?) of $112k to building a SINGLE 50 kW DCFC station in Henderson NC. Absolutely nothing has happened, and since then state has since issued other RFPs, I'm guessing this fell through and won't ever happen. Courthouse Overflow Parking (Coming Soon) | Hendersonville, NC | EV Station
FYI that other non-Tesla site (that I posted about in Nov 2023, above) finally started seeing construction a couple days ago, so hopefully soon there will be another option. It will compare poorly to this Tesla site in literally every way, but still, it'll be an option.

Reactions: jsight
FYI that other non-Tesla site (that I posted about in Nov 2023, above) finally started seeing construction a couple days ago, so hopefully soon there will be another option. It will compare poorly to this Tesla site in literally every way, but still, it'll be an option.

Blue Ridge Community College put in two EV Connect CCS/CHAdeMo stations on their campus near Hendersonville a few months ago. It's highly rated on PlugShare.

There's also the two Shell Recharge/Duke Energy units at the Marathon store at the Saluda exit off I-26 a few miles south of Hendersonville. I've used this one a few times myself with the CCS adapter, but reliability was spotty and it was limited to 200amps.