Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Laytonville, CA (LIVE Jun 28, 2019, 8 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took this photo on May 24. I called the construction company and they thought it would be done in another month. They also said it would be a V3 supercharger but I’m not confident they knew what the difference.

Attachments

• 19D534A9-D12F-45E6-8F1C-388DE7C4A27E.jpeg
    19D534A9-D12F-45E6-8F1C-388DE7C4A27E.jpeg
    446 KB · Views: 140
Took this photo on May 24. I called the construction company and they thought it would be done in another month. They also said it would be a V3 supercharger but I’m not confident they knew what the difference.

I will be driving through around 3:30am on 6/22. It would be nice not to have to drive down to Ukiah to backtrack to get to Ft. Bragg. crossing finger!!!!

I drove through on Friday and they were working - I saw a concrete truck. I had my trailer connected so I didn’t bother to stop for photos. It sure looks close, though.

From What I could see from pics that were posted, it looks like only half is going to be superchargers and the other half is going to be something else. I hope the something else doesn't slow it down.

ohmman - to bad it wasn't ready for your trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be driving through around 3:30am on 6/22. It would be nice not to have to drive down to Ukiah to backtrack to get to Ft. Bragg. crossing finger!!!!

where are you coming from to go to Fort Bragg? If you are coming from the north you don't need Ukiah. just take hwy 1. I can do Fort Bragg from Eureka and to Ukiah over the hill on a single P85 charge, that was on Orr springs road. hwy 20 should be fine too.

whoah, crossing just one finger? i see the problem ; P

First post woohoo!
I’m taking a trip to Shelter Cove in 10 days and this supercharger will make the journey a little simpler. Coming from Petaluma I can skip Ukiah. I hope they turn it on by then.

If not, any suggestions I know I have options. First trip in the woods with our Model 3 LR. Thanks

On Tuesday I stopped by on my way to Rohnert Park from Eureka. Wiring work was being done on the charger cabinets. Yesterday all of the cabinets were closed, and the only work that I saw was a guy sweeping the lot in front of the Charge Point equipment. All of the work appeared to be done except final landscaping. The fences were still up though.

• Informative
Reactions: emupilot
On Tuesday I stopped by on my way to Rohnert Park from Eureka. Wiring work was being done on the charger cabinets. Yesterday all of the cabinets were closed, and the only work that I saw was a guy sweeping the lot in front of the Charge Point equipment. All of the work appeared to be done except final landscaping. The fences were still up though.

Did you see either a utility transformer (big green cabinet with cooling fins) or an empty concrete pad awating one? That's often one of the last pieces of equipment to arrive.

Did you see either a utility transformer (big green cabinet with cooling fins) or an empty concrete pad awating one? That's often one of the last pieces of equipment to arrive.

from the last picture of the Power Pole. you can see that they did wiring work on the Pole itself. there is now wire feeding off the top set of wires...fed down the Pole in the grey tube down to the ground. if its not there already... the transformer is probably close to there.

sooo close. I was going to ask schedule but they drove away for lunch as I stopped : <
looks like just fence and signs? they had the pedestal tops all open on the SC's. will be there Thursday and Saturday again...

tranny in back..double bollard protected View attachment 423311 View attachment 423312

Looks like a couple of benches in that last pic? So they may have some landscaping left to do. But that wouldn't necessarily have to be a blocker on getting the chargers tested and turned on for public use. (It does look like they are planning to fence off the equipment, though. They may want to complete that before opening the area to the public.)

I was expecting this site to be completed by now. This is the one I have been waiting for the longest. I will be driving back and forth along this route starting friday for the next week and was hoping it would have been in place by now. Although it looks close these last few elements take time to complete. I appreciate everyone's updates. I would love more as we get close so I can get a sense of whether this will be in place for any of my upcoming trips. Thanks for your reporting everyone!