Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lexington, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FE667B5F-6E1A-4A3C-A269-86FC571679D8.jpeg

E10CC709-A5D5-4CC4-B5CE-3E4D0EDA9124.jpeg

9F869765-782E-4051-8376-E85B5FA5C511.jpeg

Stopped by this morning 9/4. Couple of guys working and seems like they are finishing up. Should be up in a couple weeks I would think. 12 SC’s backed up against the bank on the corner. Shopping center isn’t much - there is a Dunkin that had a line wrapped around the block lol. Gas station, CVS, and Wendy’s within walking distance across the median If you wanted to. Right off I-20. A big new QT also on the exit.

View attachment 705071
View attachment 705072
View attachment 705073

Stopped by this morning 9/4. Couple of guys working and seems like they are finishing up. Should be up in a couple weeks I would think. 12 SC’s backed up against the bank on the corner. Shopping center isn’t much - there is a Dunkin that had a line wrapped around the block lol. Gas station, CVS, and Wendy’s within walking distance across the median If you wanted to. Right off I-20. A big new QT also on the exit.
I wonder why they’re leaving those covers over the white boxes…. When I rode by I was thinking they hadn’t been hooked up yet.

This area is kinda odd and really dunkin is all that’s relatively close. With it being V3 I don’t think we would be sitting at the charger as long as some of the older chargers. I know I’ve sat at Columbia for over a hour before. With that being said - im
Not sure what would be within walking distance. CVS and Dunkin are your best bets. Be careful crossing the street though. Those are heavily traveled roads.

Reactions: jsight
I wonder why they’re leaving those covers over the white boxes…. When I rode by I was thinking they hadn’t been hooked up yet.

This area is kinda odd and really dunkin is all that’s relatively close. With it being V3 I don’t think we would be sitting at the charger as long as some of the older chargers. I know I’ve sat at Columbia for over a hour before. With that being said - im
Not sure what would be within walking distance. CVS and Dunkin are your best bets. Be careful crossing the street though. Those are heavily traveled roads.
I prefer 24 hour amenities, but the gas stations that are common in South Carolina are pretty myopic overall. Until that changes, Tesla seems to just take whatever random parking lot they can get.

Reactions: Jeremy3292
I’m sure I’m preaching to the choir here but I can’t understand why convenience store chains like QT aren’t beating down Tesla’s door for Superchargers. Why wouldn’t you want captive customers for ~30 minutes? Their margin on gasoline sales is nothing compared to the items inside their stores. I just don’t get it.
Because the owners don't own Teslas and they don't think there is demand. Also, some (eg spinx) have put in overpriced evgo units and seen little use, so they get mislead.

I suspect they'd change their mind if one station did a proof of concept along I-26.

I can’t understand why convenience store chains like QT aren’t beating down Tesla’s door for Superchargers.
I hear you. As has been mentioned, Spinx installed (or EVgo installed) charging stations at some of their locations. Also, Love's Travel Stops have partnered with Electrify America at some locations. Then there's Sheetz and WaWa but unfortunately not in SC. Yeah, it'd be great if QT would step up.

Reactions: jsight
Just stopped by. Not much change. I've got to wait until January for my Model Y to come in. Should be complete by then!View attachment 709333:)
I really wonder why they have the cabinets covered in the “Tesla Energy” packaging. I don’t think I’ve noticed this at other new sites as they were getting prepared. I think we all know what’s under the wrapper lol