Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lone Tree, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know where the gazebo is, either. About a year ago, somebody in the Tesla store told me they were going to build a new parking garage by Nordstroms and the chargers would go in there. I haven't been to Park Meadows in 6 months, so no idea what's going on in terms of construction.

I don't know where the gazebo is, either. About a year ago, somebody in the Tesla store told me they were going to build a new parking garage by Nordstroms and the chargers would go in there. I haven't been to Park Meadows in 6 months, so no idea what's going on in terms of construction.

Naw, nothing about a new parking garage. I don't think a new one is all that necessary anyway. Only a few times around the Holiday season does the mall get busy enough that parking becomes an issue.

I did drive around the complex a few weeks ago just to take a look since I was hitting up Best Buy anyway to recycle some old electronics. There seem to have a few little projects going on, but nothing that was superchargy.

Naw, nothing about a new parking garage. I don't think a new one is all that necessary anyway. Only a few times around the Holiday season does the mall get busy enough that parking becomes an issue.

I did drive around the complex a few weeks ago just to take a look since I was hitting up Best Buy anyway to recycle some old electronics. There seem to have a few little projects going on, but nothing that was superchargy.
Originally, it was supposed to be in the new parking garage by Nordstrom but the garage has been delayed. Tesla decided to put in the Supercharger in a different location, still at Park Meadows.

We stopped by Park Meadows and found the construction location on the east side along Park Meadows Center Drive. It's close to Red Robin and straight out from Lyfe Kitchen. It looks like it will have 10 stalls.
@BlueShift , can you add the new Lone Tree location at 39.562743 -104.873447? Thanks!

download_20171009_172443.png

20171009_171213.jpg
20171009_171047.jpg
20171009_171150.jpg

Last edited:
@MorrisonHiker: thanks for following up on the tip I received yesterday from the store employees.

Looks like you braved the weather today to get some great pictures of the early work being done.
No problem. Sorry the pictures weren't better but there's not much to see just yet. Hopefully we'll be able to track down some of the other upcoming metro area locations in the coming months.

Great find. This expansion is long overdue. I wonder if they will add a couple more HPWC to the existing charging area and continue to use it for the demo cars. Nothing worse then being on a road trip and pulling up to a full supercharger where 1/2 the stalls are occupied by demo cars.

Great find. This expansion is long overdue. I wonder if they will add a couple more HPWC to the existing charging area and continue to use it for the demo cars. Nothing worse then being on a road trip and pulling up to a full supercharger where 1/2 the stalls are occupied by demo cars.

From what I've heard from the store they plan on keeping the superchargers in the garage, but will be used for their demo cars only.

With Park meadows, it really is not the demo cars that are the issues but just several car owners who continue to ignore the money that they pay there.
1 guy told me that he had racked up a couple of hundred over a number of times and that the service center just wiped it all off.
He owns an early black model S, but still remains parked there for several hours at a time.

I was NOT happy to hear that.

That is why I have suggested to Elon/Twit that they do a progressive scale on this. And run it up to $1/minute or even $5 / minute.
With us getting notified by phone, there is NO reason why a regular owner ( barring medical ) to leave a car parked for 2-3 hours PAST being charged.

Reactions: NOLA_Mike
That is why I have suggested to Elon/Twit that they do a progressive scale on this. And run it up to $1/minute or even $5 / minute.
With us getting notified by phone, there is NO reason why a regular owner ( barring medical ) to leave a car parked for 2-3 hours PAST being charged.

Even that won't help if the Service Center just wipes the charges away.

I have pulled in there as a long distance traveler needing a charge and experienced all the chargers occupied with no one around their vehicles. I made the mistake of skipping Colorado Springs with the intention of charging at Lone Tree and had to wait for a vehicle to move (and had someone else waiting behind me). Very frustrating knowing that it was most likely inconsiderate shoppers who just didn't give a rats behind that others might need the chargers. Turns out, it was also inconsiderate Tesla employees who had parked demo vehicles at the Superchargers and left them there long after they were finished charging.

All in all, just frustrating and I'm glad to see the additional chargers being constructed.

Mike