Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lost Hills, CA (LIVE 22 Nov 2023, 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove by to check the progress last week (May 25). As previous poster said, stalls are completed and bagged, no sign of work going on. Lost Hills will be a very important charger because of the improvements CalTrans is doing to Hwy 46 (Paso Robles --> I-5).

By my estimate, CalTrans is about 16 months away from completing the bridges and road widening necessary to replace the 2-lane highway with 2 lanes in each direction, shoulders, and center dividers/buffers, and higher speed limits. About 80% of the work has been completed over the past several years, with only a few miles remaining to be done, they are however the hilliest, so we shall see how that goes!

• Informative
Reactions: samn and DoItDiff
Still awaiting the transformer; still just a hole in the ground (picture from August 4th). Tesla continues to project (hope?) that this site will be operational this quarter. We'll see if PG&E makes that happen.

IMG_0535.JPG

No transformer or transformer pad, but progress (pix from yesterday). Long trenching, apparently to get power to the transformer location. The existing trench runs from the transformer location across the Denny's parking towards the gas station, then ~90º degrees to run along the side of the convenience store, and then 90º to run along the back of the convenience store and gas station. The sidewalk and Aloma Street have been cut but not yet trenched. (Last picture is looking back from the steel plate and future trench.) So there are trenches to be dug, and conduits, vaults, and conductors to be installed, before power would be available to a future transformer. But nice to see progress by PG&E after ~14 months of nothing.
IMG_0927.JPGIMG_0928.JPGIMG_0930.JPGIMG_0931.JPGIMG_0933.JPGIMG_0934.JPG

I guesstimate another 4-6 months, esp. with the rainy (hopefully) season coming. Based on my daily observation of an SC station 0.3 miles from my home that opened earlier this year in a supermarket/restaurants parking lot.

Moderator note: Merged this post from a new thread. As a general rule it's good to check for the existence of existing, relevant threads on a topic before starting a new thread.

Finally Lost Hills supercharger is online while driving to LA

Last edited by a moderator: