Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lubbock, TX - E Slaton Hwy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Talmen

Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2021
Abilene, TX
I am breaking up the Lubbock Supercharger threads. The previous Lubbock thread, Supercharger - Lubbock (SC), TX, will be for the Service Center Supercharger. This thread will be for updates and tracking of the Supercharger going in at the Toot'n Totum on E Slaton Hwy near the intersection of US-84 and TX Loop-289.

Any permits or other updates for the E Slaton Hwy location will be posted in this thread going forward.

I am breaking up the Lubbock Supercharger threads. The previous Lubbock thread, Supercharger - Lubbock (SC), TX, will be for the Service Center Supercharger. This thread will be for updates and tracking of the Supercharger going in at the Toot'n Totum on E Slaton Hwy near the intersection of US-84 and TX Loop-289.

Any permits or other updates for the E Slaton Hwy location will be posted in this thread going forward.
OK anything happening at this location?

Construction has started on the Toot'n Totum travel center itself. So far, no permits have been filed yet on the Supercharger (both in City and TDLR permit databases).

I don't live locally but I'm watching the City's permit database (and TDLR). From what I can see on the city's website, the Toot'n Totum is under construction based on some inspection records.

Reactions: cmy4x4 and theflyer
A 2/7/23 photo was posted on the other thread showing travel center construction had just started. Maybe that post should be moved here along with the others referencing Slaton Hwy. Supercharger - Lubbock (SC), TX
That's a good idea You can send a request to the admins via the "report" function. They'll be happy to move any posts that relate to this location. I'm sure they would appreciate if you included the direct links to any posts that should move.

Went by today to check progress. Building going up but no sign of Tesla.

Attachments

• E0F2AF99-50DB-402B-AFB7-4CF021E75573.jpeg
    E0F2AF99-50DB-402B-AFB7-4CF021E75573.jpeg
    312.7 KB · Views: 179
  • 2461B925-A74A-4CF1-978C-213FB3A1BEED.jpeg
    2461B925-A74A-4CF1-978C-213FB3A1BEED.jpeg
    317.2 KB · Views: 90
Are these photos from Zenith Ave?

Yes, Toot'n Totum applied last year to change the address from "Zenith Ave" to "E Slaton Hwy (US 84)". They could do that since the property has frontage to both roads.

Not sure exactly why the name was changed but I'm guessing it is so Toot'n Totum can use the more widely known street name in its address... But yes, this is the same location that was going in on Zenith Ave before the address change.

Thanks. I was just asking because we may be passing by next month and I hoped to turn right onto Zenith Ave and check out the progress from there.

I assumed they made the address change because they are making their main entrance on US84. But it certainly could be for the better known address. Given the orientation of their pumps that would be the entrance too. If it’s like the store in Amarillo, the Tesla chargers should be right along US84 as well. But who knows if they keep the same layout.

A couple of quickie drive by shots from September 1 as we were driving back south on US84. I’m amazed DH got anything at all as we were in traffic well across the street. Mainly you can see the concrete floor at the fuel pumps that was poured since our visit ~4 weeks prior.

IMG_1141.jpeg
IMG_1142.jpeg

Reactions: Guacahummus