Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lubbock, TX - E Slaton Hwy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed today that this one isn't showing up on supercharge.info anymore, unless I'm misremembering (possible!) it was present a day or so ago. I might be wrong, though, as I don't see it listed in the "changes" section at all.

I noticed today that this one isn't showing up on supercharge.info anymore, unless I'm misremembering (possible!) it was present a day or so ago. I might be wrong, though, as I don't see it listed in the "changes" section at all.

I don't specifically remember seeing this site showing on Supercharge.info. Generally, sites aren't added until we have some sort of confirmed permit (either from local or state authorities). I check the Lubbock's permit DB every couple of days and just checked again. Lots of permits listed but nothing for a Supercharger yet. No TDLR entry either with the state.

I don't specifically remember seeing this site showing on Supercharge.info. Generally, sites aren't added until we have some sort of confirmed permit (either from local or state authorities). I check the Lubbock's permit DB every couple of days and just checked again. Lots of permits listed but nothing for a Supercharger yet. No TDLR entry either with the state.
I absolutely imagined it then! I was probably looking at somewhere else and just got confused. Thanks for looking!

Sometimes superchargers are installed afterwards, so it would be nice to know!
There are no applied permits for Superchargers at this location. Only for the store and the fuel canopies.

Without digging into the other thread, what is the source for this location being a potential site? The Lubbock permit site doesn’t show descriptions of the permits on the search so you can’t search for Tesla. Only addresses or parcels. So if there was another address to search, we could find a Tesla permit.

Last edited:
There are no applied permits for Superchargers at this location. Only for the store and the fuel canopies.

Without digging into the other thread, what is the source for this location being a potential site? The Lubbock permit site doesn’t show descriptions of the permits on the search so you can’t search for Tesla. Only addresses or parcels. So if there was another address to search, we could find a Tesla permit.

You'd have to read through a lot of the other thread regarding the Lubbock Service Center Supercharger to get a lot of this historical context. That thread started off as the general Lubbock thread until the Service Center one was constructed and then it morphed into the thread for service center site specifically. Multiple confirmations that the service center site was just a stopgap until the larger one could be built and has some other sources as well.

I believe there was a brief leak a while back too when the "Find Us" page on Tesla's website listed a bunch of future sites on accident and this one was one of them. We've had several sources though in the other thread the point to the Toot 'n Totum on US-84 as being the one it's going in when they get around to it. Yes, there are no permits yet (which is why it's not listed on supercharge.info).

You'd have to read through a lot of the other thread regarding the Lubbock Service Center Supercharger to get a lot of this historical context. That thread started off as the general Lubbock thread until the Service Center one was constructed and then it morphed into the thread for service center site specifically. Multiple confirmations that the service center site was just a stopgap until the larger one could be built and has some other sources as well.

I believe there was a brief leak a while back too when the "Find Us" page on Tesla's website listed a bunch of future sites on accident and this one was one of them. We've had several sources though in the other thread the point to the Toot 'n Totum on US-84 as being the one it's going in when they get around to it. Yes, there are no permits yet (which is why it's not listed on supercharge.info).
Trust me, I understand all about the permitting and supercharge.info. Just was trying to avoid reading through the other thread. And see if there were any other addresses to check because of the limitations of the web portal search fields.

It is odd that they didn’t put in any infrastructure during construction so now they will have to dig up recently load blacktop/concrete/landscaping to install the chargers. Seems backwards if they indeed have chosen this as a site.

I have a little bit of an update on this as I got some inside info from a Lubbock Tesla employee today regarding this Toot'n Totum site. This location on US-84 has been put on hold by Toot'n Totum themselves. It's still technically planned but construction wont progress until Toot'n Totum gives them the go-ahead. The Tesla employee expects the newly permitted Target location on University Ave to open before this one... if at all.

They said that Toot'n Totum has been less than impressed with the business that the Amarillo one has brought in and have put future Supercharger installs at their sites on hold for now.

• Informative
Reactions: Guacahummus
Interesting.

Wondering what is the experience of Bucees and other gas station chains?

The employee thinks the low performance of the Amarillo Toot'n Totum V3 site has to do with the fact that as cars are being routed through I-40 in Amarillo, they are getting sent to the older V2 charger more often than to the newer V3 one. The older V2 site sees more cars on average then the newer V3 site does. While probably not the only answer, that may have something to do with the V3 site's lower performance.

Pulling up both Amarillo supercharger sites in my map, that does kind corroborate his suspicions. Based on the graphs in the car for those sites, the V2 site does seem to have more traffic than the newer V3 site at the Amarillo Toot'n Totum.

The employee thinks the low performance of the Amarillo Toot'n Totum V3 site has to do with the fact that as cars are being routed through I-40 in Amarillo, they are getting sent to the older V2 charger more often than to the newer V3 one. The older V2 site sees more cars on average then the newer V3 site does. While probably not the only answer, that may have something to do with the V3 site's lower performance.

Pulling up both Amarillo supercharger sites in my map, that does kind corroborate his suspicions. Based on the graphs in the car for those sites, the V2 site does seem to have more traffic than the newer V3 site at the Amarillo Toot'n Totum.
It could be related to the gaps from Albuquerque, NM, plus Santa Rosa, NM and Tucumcari, NM being V2.
Maybe it calculates fastest as charging in Santa Rosa, NM, then skipping Tucumcari, NM and then having to hit Amarillo, NM V2.
It's 162 miles from Santa Rosa, NM to Amarillo, NM.

There are NM NEVI awards for both Santa Rosa, NM and Tucumcari, NM which would make them V4 and could adjust the strategy.