Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lubbock, TX - E Slaton Hwy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It could be related to the gaps from Albuquerque, NM, plus Santa Rosa, NM and Tucumcari, NM being V2.
Maybe it calculates fastest as charging in Santa Rosa, NM, then skipping Tucumcari, NM and then having to hit Amarillo, NM V2.
It's 162 miles from Santa Rosa, NM to Amarillo, NM.

There are NM NEVI awards for both Santa Rosa, NM and Tucumcari, NM which would make them V4 and could adjust the strategy.

NACS may help too. The Amarillo V3 is open to third-party NACS charging (Ford only right now) but as they roll out NACS Supercharger access to more automakers, that may increase their traffic as the V2 site won't be compatible with non-Tesla NACS cars. Anyway, don't want this thread about a Lubbock charger to get derailed into a thread about Amarillo. Just thought that the conversation I had earlier with the Tesla employee regarding this site was interesting.

Last edited:
Any site that sees lower traffic today, is only a matter of time that will get saturated pretty soon.

I remember when Waco CSB location opened up with 16 stalls, it was mostly empty. They even had free coffee for Teslas. Two years later there were cars waiting even on normal days, which forced Tesla to expand it to 24 chargers. CSB I am sure made good use of those sparsely used parking spots, with increased business from bored and waiting Tesla owners.

Is the V2 closer to the main travel route? If so, it will always navigate to the closest charger unless there is a wait. There isn’t a “V3 only” toggle. There is a new V3 expansion in the southwest that is directly behind a large existing V2 that is rarely full so it never routes to the new V3.