Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mammoth Lakes, CA - Community Recreation Center (approved by city Feb. '22, 12 V3 + 4 L2)

So jealous...
20221109_085803.jpg

Pretty sure my Tesla is under there somewhere...

On another note, charging my 2022 LR Model 3 in the cold was much faster than charging my 2018 LR Model 3 at the existing Mammoth supercharger.

Just took a walk around the community center. The tent structure is up, and they are starting some framework inside, but mostly it is a huge vacant space. No signs of supercharger activity or any onsite equipment, but then again, there is so much snow up here, it is possible that there is some trench work buried somewhere. My guess is that construction of this site will begin after the winter.

Just took a walk around the community center. The tent structure is up, and they are starting some framework inside, but mostly it is a huge vacant space. No signs of supercharger activity or any onsite equipment, but then again, there is so much snow up here, it is possible that there is some trench work buried somewhere. My guess is that construction of this site will begin after the winter.
Considering the fact that so many resources in town have been dedicated to plowing and shoveling I'll give Tesla a pass on delaying this one until the summer.

What are others' experience in town? I know the current supercharger is getting a lot of use but I still don't have a problem getting a plug and with the newer heat pump car I have had much better luck with faster speeds, especially if I pre-heat the battery, even a little bit.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC