Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Manteca, CA - Perimeter Drive (LIVE 12 Feb 2015, expanded 12 Dec 2017, 20 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Progress

Looks like the back-fill is done.
20141216_155649_small.jpg
20141216_155706_small.jpg

There are 4 big crates on site. Does anyone know how many chargers for each of the big crates?
20141216_155721.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like the back-fill is done.
There are 4 big crates on site. Does anyone know how many changers for each of the big crates?

Each big crate labeled "Supercharger" contains one Supercharger Cabinet; each Supercharger Cabinet can feed 2 charging stalls. That means that this site could have up to 8 charging stalls.

The low boxes probably contain other site items, including the charging pedestals.

I did get some more info from the forman today.

He noted that two MS owners stopped by today. One was a very enthusiastic new P85D owner.

He did confirm there will be 8 supercharging stations. The 8th one had to be relocated due to some other utilites. It will be in the stall just East of the transformer.

The project has been delayed a few weeks. The precast utility pad will be placed 12/24. Concrete work will follow shortly after. The contract work should be complete by the second week in January.

However, they have no idea when PG&E will be installing the main power tranformer.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Thanks for the update AV-NUT. I won't get my hopes up for our return trip next week. The extended charge/travel time for the Vacaville detour is painful with the family in the car. At least the next time we take the trip to Portland ,the Manteca and Mohave superchargers should eliminate painful supercharger detours to Vacaville and Tejon Ranch.

Great news. Bakersfield would be even better since it is closer to the halfway mark between Barstow and Harris Ranch. Either I mistook the Bakersfield dot for Mohave on the current "coming soon" chargers, or Bakersfield is an up and coming location that hasn't been listed yet.

I did get some more info from the forman today.

He noted that two MS owners stopped by today. One was a very enthusiastic new P85D owner.

He did confirm there will be 8 supercharging stations. The 8th one had to be relocated due to some other utilites. It will be in the stall just East of the transformer.

The project has been delayed a few weeks. The precast utility pad will be placed 12/24. Concrete work will follow shortly after. The contract work should be complete by the second week in January.

However, they have no idea when PG&E will be installing the main power tranformer.

Merry Christmas everyone.
I talked to the contractor who was installing some Blink L2s last summer in my (Bay Area) city. He said that PG&E won't schedule anything for less than 5 weeks after the contractor finishes their end. Monitoring the site, it took at least that long for them to come out, so I wouldn't be expecting it to go live before late February at the earliest. Especially this time of year, when storms cause outages and they have to deal with those.