Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mariposa, CA (LIVE 12 May 2023, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
000CA8F8-01B6-4C3D-9BF3-05A328FD406D.png

Q1 2023 now. It’s ok, El Portal is on. 😁

Reactions: 1100MCM
IMG_3335.jpeg

PG&E has not yet started their work.

More significantly there are now two signs that say there's non-EV general parking in all 10 spots, even though 6 of the spots have red signs posted saying those spots are reserved for Tesla charging. Four other spots towards the back have red signs saying 60 minute parking is allowed. There is going to be lots of confusion here once this site is powered up. ICE cars are already parking in the SC stalls, but of course that's currently a non-issue. A lot of people with red hats live around there and don't like EVs. Luckily there are also many other locals who are curious and supportive. I've never felt conflict at a SC before but this could be a first...

Attachments

• IMG_3332.jpeg
    IMG_3332.jpeg
    744 KB · Views: 147
  • Funny
Reactions: PLUS EV
Stopped by today, January 10, 2023, don’t see a transformer around, usually they’re quite close by to the charging cabinets. The station is complete, including giant solar canopy and well fitted white hoods on all the superchargers.

Attachments

• 3B8F0442-5B54-478F-9E2E-9FD46B70A01F.jpeg
    3B8F0442-5B54-478F-9E2E-9FD46B70A01F.jpeg
    407 KB · Views: 112
  • EC83FFDB-2739-4582-A50B-7E1E585F3403.jpeg
    EC83FFDB-2739-4582-A50B-7E1E585F3403.jpeg
    439.4 KB · Views: 137
Great shot of the Horsetail Fall! (The park doesn't use the term "firefall"; that was an actual fire they used to push over the edge at Glacier Point until they realized how stupid that was!)

How crowded was it, and how far did you have to hike? I'd love to see that sometime, but not if I have to do it with 50,000 of my closest California friends. I guess you went during the week, so you didn't need a timed entry pass?

Great shot of the Horsetail Fall! (The park doesn't use the term "firefall"; that was an actual fire they used to push over the edge at Glacier Point until they realized how stupid that was!)

How crowded was it, and how far did you have to hike? I'd love to see that sometime, but not if I have to do it with 50,000 of my closest California friends. I guess you went during the week, so you didn't need a timed entry pass?
As I kid, I saw the original Firefall many times. It was spectacular!It gets very crowded. For Fridays-Sundays in Feb, you need a Yosemite entrance reservation (unless you have a room booked in the valley) The walk is about 1 mile.
IMG_7589.jpeg

i went on a Thursday. So less crowd. Plus, it’s still early on to the fall. No hike, park near the horseshoe fall and look up.

I’m sure the closer u get to the peak view timeframe, the place will be pack and no parking. u will need to hike a little.
only fri - Sun need reservatio for February. Also, make sure the sky is clear and sunny! Or u won’t see anything.

080EA287-B0D5-4136-91D4-105C685F6815.jpeg

From an article today in the Mariposa Gazette:
"Tesla charging stations almost ready

Pioneer Market is also in the process of installing Tesla charging stations. Dubberke explained PG&E had to replace some lines in town, but now that their work is done with that, it’s onto the last step of the process.

Come mid-March, the work should all be complete and Pioneer’s new charging stations will be good to go."

So close but not yet active. The PG&E transformer has been installed, and the button on the charger plug does open the car's charge port door. But after inserting the plug the change port just shows a red (not green) ring.
Since Hwy 120 through Groveland will now be closed for a few months due to road repairs, this alternate route on Hwy 140 through Mariposa has become very busy and is the primary access to Yosemite from the whole Bay Area. I hope Tesla can finish commissioning this supercharger soon.
And hopefully the ICEing will subside once the supercharger activity picks up. Two stalls were ice'd today.

Attachments

• IMG_3948.jpeg
    IMG_3948.jpeg
    708.7 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_3950.jpeg
    IMG_3950.jpeg
    810.6 KB · Views: 49
So close but not yet active. The PG&E transformer has been installed, and the button on the charger plug does open the car's charge port door. But after inserting the plug the change port just shows a red (not green) ring.
Since Hwy 120 through Groveland will now be closed for a few months due to road repairs, this alternate route on Hwy 140 through Mariposa has become very busy and is the primary access to Yosemite from the whole Bay Area. I hope Tesla can finish commissioning this supercharger soon.
And hopefully the ICEing will subside once the supercharger activity picks up. Two stalls were ice'd today.
Probably just waiting on the Tesla tech who does the commissioning.

Reactions: SR-75