Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mariposa, CA (LIVE 12 May 2023, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We tried again today and after plugging in the T on our Model 3 went red, notification said Charge Cable Not Fully Inserted, and the display said, Supercharger Out of Order. Tried to replug, but no change. Can't be much longer now, I would hope, but since the, but we have been so close for so long.....
This one definitely has a Frank-N-Furter vibe to it.

Antici...

It's live on Find Us but I don't see this active yet in the app. Anyone passing thru to check?

Screenshot_20230512_113654_Chrome.jpg

I stopped by on my way to Yosemite, Saturday, May 13. As I was navigating to Mariposa, the NAV popped up and said that all the sudden, the supercharger was closed. I made sure that I got juice in Merced just to be sure. When I arrive, it still showed off-line, but I was able to charge fine. as of this morning, it showed that it is open again. I’ll check it on the way home. FYI, Yosemite is absolutely gorgeous with the waterfalls flowing the biggest I’ve ever seen.

I stopped by on my way to Yosemite, Saturday, May 13. As I was navigating to Mariposa, the NAV popped up and said that all the sudden, the supercharger was closed. I made sure that I got juice in Merced just to be sure. When I arrive, it still showed off-line, but I was able to charge fine. as of this morning, it showed that it is open again. I’ll check it on the way home. FYI, Yosemite is absolutely gorgeous with the waterfalls flowing the biggest I’ve ever seen.
Agreed, I was there yesterday and the Merced River and the falls are just spectacular right now. I will never cease being awed by Yosemite even after being there a million times in my lifetime.

On my way there I had too much charge so I decided to skip Mariposa and stop at El Portal. It got full while I was there but it was as great as another V3 I’ve tried and I pulled 255 kW at 20 percent regardless of it being full.

FWIW, my nav was not showing Mariposa but the app was showing 11 of 12 with one offline.

I was there yesterday too, during the closing, but there wasn't anything going on and I plugged in and it charged perfectly. The only thing I noticed was that cellular wasn't able to connect to the outside world, perhaps that was an issue. I had to get a few miles away to talk to people again.

I can also confirm that the chargers are up and working, at least the one we tried. When we got there 2 of the 60 minute general parking stalls were ICEd and when we left a 3rd ICE vehicle was in one of the Tesla Charging Only stalls. We will see how much of an issue ICEing is at this site and what if anything is done about it. That said it is a relieve to have this location up as it gives a new charging option on our way home and before we do the climb up to our house at 3,800 ft elevation. Given 120 is likely to be closed for a while, once people realize this is an option, I am sure this site and Pioneer market will be busy.

Attachments

• ChargingAtPioneer.png
    ChargingAtPioneer.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 68
On my way out of Yosemite, today, May 14th, it showed open. I arrived with about 155 miles of range left on my Plaid Model S.
It initially got up to 240kW. Taper seemed normal.
One thing of note, yesterday, I pulled into the pull in bank of stalls. I used the on farthest right. When I backed out, the front bumper/splitter drug slightly.the stop strips seem a little taller than others I’ve encountered.My Model S Plaid was at "Low", so be careful. Is didn’t seem to scrape when I pulled in.
Some of the stalls had ICE vehicles parked in them, but, since it didn’t open until yesterday, they may change their habits. Be patient with the locals, they may not know the ramifications.
I am clued in the photo I took just after sunrise this morning. The valley was gorgeous!

IMG_0901.pngFullSizeRender.jpeg

On my way out of Yosemite, today, May 14th, it showed open. I arrived with about 155 miles of range left on my Plaid Model S.
It initially got up to 240kW. Taper seemed normal.
One thing of note, yesterday, I pulled into the pull in bank of stalls. I used the on farthest right. When I backed out, the front bumper/splitter drug slightly.the stop strips seem a little taller than others I’ve encountered.My Model S Plaid was at "Low", so be careful. Is didn’t seem to scrape when I pulled in.
Some of the stalls had ICE vehicles parked in them, but, since it didn’t open until yesterday, they may change their habits. Be patient with the locals, they may not know the ramifications.
I am clued in the photo I took just after sunrise this morning. The valley was gorgeous!

View attachment 937783View attachment 937784
Wow. As @israndy mentioned, that is an amazing photo! Bravo.

We charged on the way home from Yosemite on Sunday. As others mentioned, the main issue seems to be cellular connectivity here. The charger itself is great— love the solar panel roofs!

Of note, that wasn't obvious to me initially, is that the first half of chargers are EV Charging Only and the second half is that 60 min general parking. There's also plenty of parking in the lot but I think people like the shade the solar panels are providing. We saw a few people picnicking next to their ICE car in the shade!

Pioneer Market is also great. Bathrooms are on the opposite end from the chargers.

Attachments

• IMG_3930.jpeg
    IMG_3930.jpeg
    864.5 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_3929.jpeg
    IMG_3929.jpeg
    712 KB · Views: 48