Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Markham - Markville, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The other side of the stalls is a sidewalk. Not easy to access without risking damage
Raise suspension? but I know that doesn't help everyone. But, hey we are all good driver's and know better right..?

[src: https://www.autoevolution.com/image...parking-spaces-for-its-employees-103343_1.jpg]
tesla-is-facing-first-world-problems-it-ran-out-of-parking-spaces-for-its-employees-103343_1.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: mrElbe and MarcoRP
Wondering if there is a thread that covers topics like "scenes from the supercharger"... here goes a few from Markham experienced this past week.

1. Quietly minding my own business with Judas Priest's new album on 11 and catching up on my TMC reading while supercharging when I notice a car loiter around the area and leave. Just then, a young lady who had been waiting in the corner of the parking lot walks over near the superchargers and proceeds to approach my car, sees I'm busy with important work and moves to the next Tesla, who's driver is reading a newspaper, then moves to the next and a Model X driver rolls down his window, they talk for a minute and she proceeds to get in his car and they leave...huh.

2. Two Tesla's supercharging 4 bays apart. Beat up CUV drives up with two younger guys, they drive close enough to both drivers and choose to park less than a meter in front of the neighboring Model X and proceed to flash high beams and lay on their horn for 20 seconds straight...neighboring Tesla driver shakes his head and doesn't react too much. CUV gives us the finger and backs up and speeds away.

Scenes from the supercharger.
Weird.

Wondering if there is a thread that covers topics like "scenes from the supercharger"... here goes a few from Markham experienced this past week.

1. Quietly minding my own business with Judas Priest's new album on 11 and catching up on my TMC reading while supercharging when I notice a car loiter around the area and leave. Just then, a young lady who had been waiting in the corner of the parking lot walks over near the superchargers and proceeds to approach my car, sees I'm busy with important work and moves to the next Tesla, who's driver is reading a newspaper, then moves to the next and a Model X driver rolls down his window, they talk for a minute and she proceeds to get in his car and they leave...huh.

2. Two Tesla's supercharging 4 bays apart. Beat up CUV drives up with two younger guys, they drive close enough to both drivers and choose to park less than a meter in front of the neighboring Model X and proceed to flash high beams and lay on their horn for 20 seconds straight...neighboring Tesla driver shakes his head and doesn't react too much. CUV gives us the finger and backs up and speeds away.

Weird.

Damn, 2 is a very disturbing scene.

Weird.

She was probably looking for her uber driver.

• Love
Reactions: alexyida
For #2 it’s a little disturbing.

I’m curious though, what would one do while supercharging in a hostile situation. I.e late at night and someone approaches your car with a gun. Now you can’t drive away with the supercharger plugged in. Isn’t that a huge safety concern?

I mean I know that the intention with not being able to drive is due to them not wanting you to yank the cable.

But for such emergencies, would it not make sense for there to be an override?

A life is definitely worth the cost of repairing a broken supercharger

I’m curious though, what would one do while supercharging in a hostile situation. I.e late at night and someone approaches your car with a gun. Now you can’t drive away with the supercharger plugged in. Isn’t that a huge safety concern?

I mean I know that the intention with not being able to drive is due to them not wanting you to yank the cable.

You mean you didn't take the bullet proof glass option? Sheesh... talk about not knowing your priorities. :p

Easy solution: don’t sit in your car while supercharging.

Reactions: Drone Flyer
Not so easy in the middle of the night? Even at a high traffic area like Vaughan Mills, imagine this happens around midnight, what do you do?

I’m legitimately worried about criminals doing this, especially given that Tesla drivers are typically more “high profile”, and can easily become targets

I remember reading someone saying the Port Huron Supercharger was a bit "sketchy" at night. I suppose some crook could make a living off of unassuming Tesla owners charging at night in some of the more remote locations.

Is this much different from filling up your ice car. Are you going to pull away with the gas nozzle still attached? I have a vision of the gas station scene in Zoolander when he loses his fashion model friends.
Hard to plan for every contingency.

Attendant is not coming out to help you in a situation like that. Cameras and 911 won’t help much at the time either. I just see this as one of those what if’s that you just have to accept as a risk of venturing out into the world. The same thing could happen going back to your car after eating at a restaurant at night.

Is this much different from filling up your ice car. Are you going to pull away with the gas nozzle still attached? I have a vision of the gas station scene in Zoolander when he loses his fashion model friends.
Hard to plan for every contingency.

Gas station requires maybe 3 mins max at the pump. On top of this you’re already outside of your car, and can flea if you see someone approaching you from a distance

How long are you in your car at a supercharger? A good 30 mins to an hour. What are you doing in this 30-60 mins? Very likely not observing your surroundings like you would when outside filling your gas.

Gas stations: on well lit property with others around, and like someone mentioned, a gas station attended with easy access to call 911.

Supercharger: who’s going to see you at Vaughan Mills at 12am? Or even worse what are you going to do at Port Hope? Or Kingston that’s literally built in a city with one of the largest Canadian prisons

Point being there needs to be a fail switch. Require some impossible to accidentally do fail switch that allows you to drive even when plugged in to get out of such situations