Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - McDermitt, NV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Few pictures from today while passing through. Electrical leading to the transformer isn't hooked up yet.

Attachments

• 20230701_142559.jpg
    20230701_142559.jpg
    506.2 KB · Views: 196
  • 20230701_142436.jpg
    20230701_142436.jpg
    722.5 KB · Views: 152
  • 20230701_142501.jpg
    20230701_142501.jpg
    719.7 KB · Views: 148
  • 20230701_142520.jpg
    20230701_142520.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 137
I’m about to make this drive this morning finally. Too bad the SCs aren’t there yet. I’m wondering if there is an issue at McDermitt that I can even make the next ones in Orvada….. thoughts?
Friend of mine used McDermitt with the app yesterday no issues. But, yeah, watch your speed. You most likely can make the next one. Set Orvada as your destination and the car's software will tell you if you need to slow down.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocky_H
I did it. Charged at shell recharge no issues just slow 43kw!
Friend of mine used McDermitt with the app yesterday no issues. But, yeah, watch your speed. You most likely can make the next one. Set Orvada as your destination and the car's software will tell you if you need to slow down.
I had 23 percent at McDermitt…. Was really slow at 43kw. Took 50 mins to charge but it did it.
I wonder when the Superchargers will be ready. I saw them sitting there. I w8nder I’d they’ll pave the lot also.

Just confirmed via email with the building department in Humboldt County that Tesla has applied to build a Supercharger in the Quinn River Market parking lot at 195 US-95. It has recently passed plan review and the permit has been issued. There is an existing 50kw Shell Recharge station here.
Does anyone know if this is up and running or have a guess when it will be working?

We really need this Superchsrger asap. It’s one of the only routes in the country that connects importsnt places like Boise and SoCal you can’t make on one EV charge. Hurry please!
I did the drive from Boise and was literally scared the entire time til McDemitt that the Shell Recharge CCS wouldn’t work. Once I was there it took 40. In’s to charge.

it just shows how important the Tesla Supercharger network is. I never ever think twice about it not working. I’ve never had to worry about it and there are always enough units that if something g it out others will work. Plus updates are live in the car and app.

so I’m looking forward to seeing this ping on so if I make this drive again it will be worry free!

Does anyone know if this is up and running or have a guess when it will be working?
I drove through on the 14th and no changes. I stopped briefly to top off at the shell charger, just used the credit card reader. As it turned out, my car would have made it to my home without charging, but it was nice having a little bit of insurance. I will be driving this route again next week and see if there are any changes.

This is funny timing. On Sunday this past weekend, a friend of mine here in Boise texted me, asking if he could borrow my CHAdeMO adapter, because he was going to have to make a trip down to California. I told him that was a funny thing, because I do own one but don't have it right now, because it is lent out to someone in another state, so I can't get it on short notice.

So we started talking about alternatives, like out of the way longer routes. Neither of his Teslas is new enough to already have CCS compatibility, and he hadn't gotten the CCS retrofit yet, so he was going to call the Boise service center to see if he could get one of his cars retrofitted soon enough before his trip. I just texted him from seeing this go live, and he said it was in time, since he hadn't left yet. Sweet.