Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mebane, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is alive!
F5A7C466-90C8-44BF-ABB3-3B05725821B2.jpeg
0132A6C8-ADFD-42E9-B1B2-5CD06DE97423.jpeg

There is the just turned on 73kW limit :) I still wonder what the process is with that.

Yeah, I was kinda thinking the same thing. Looks like it's doing the Urban SC max of 72 kW since it is still new. However, I just checked the in car app and it isnt on there yet. Maybe we need to wait for normal business hours for them to update the maps

@corywright Might be time for an update :D

• Helpful
Reactions: corywright
Does anyone know if this will supplement Burlington’s somewhat poor location or will it replace that station? I also am wondering if the new GSO V3 will replace the current v2 station or act as a secondary. I really would like to see one in Durham. Some days I have to drive back and forth to Durham from Raleigh 3-4 times and can get mighty low on juice.

Does anyone know if this will supplement Burlington’s somewhat poor location or will it replace that station? I also am wondering if the new GSO V3 will replace the current v2 station or act as a secondary. I really would like to see one in Durham. Some days I have to drive back and forth to Durham from Raleigh 3-4 times and can get mighty low on juice.
Durham shows as Q2 2021 on Tesla’s map. So, coming soon!

Does anyone know if this will supplement Burlington’s somewhat poor location or will it replace that station?

I really doubt they would retire Burlington. There is usually a very good reason when they retire a Supercharger site, and that almost never happens. I am only seeing about 12 permanent closures worldwide in the past year. Granted, Burlington is definitely long in the tooth, but I don't believe there are any major host site issues like there were in Warsaw, NC for example.

I also am wondering if the new GSO V3 will replace the current v2 station or act as a secondary.

Are you referring to the Colfax Supercharger? I'd be even more certain that the original GSO V2 will not close.

Yes, it may seem strange that there are suddenly a bunch of Superchargers going in apparently "close" to each other, but this is about Sheetz being proactive in putting in Superchargers than any planned expansion on Tesla's part. Tesla is more or less supplying Sheetz with Superchargers at this point.

Stopped by here on the way home and was getting really nice rates on my old 90 pack with 112 kW max charge rate. I spoke with someone with a M3 and he said he was getting the full 256 kW rate! The place was really busy with ICE vehicles so it's not my favorite place to charge but the charge rates are just too good to pass up!

• Informative
Reactions: mikes_fsd
I hit the Mebane site this morning. The first charging stand (1A) -- the one that you don't back into but pull forward into the parking spot -- has been hit by something big. Looks like someone backed into the bollard and the charging station and tilted them a bit. I wasn't going to take a chance at hooking up to that one. No signs on it or anything, but it is definitely askew.

I hit the Mebane site this morning. The first charging stand (1A) -- the one that you don't back into but pull forward into the parking spot -- has been hit by something big. Looks like someone backed into the bollard and the charging station and tilted them a bit. I wasn't going to take a chance at hooking up to that one. No signs on it or anything, but it is definitely askew.
Did you report it to Tesla?

Anyone have an update on this? ABRP is recommending not to stop there.

My app shows a "service" (?) icon, but still shows 4/8 available.
1628252707667.png

What do you mean by ABRP recommending not to stop there? What does it say exactly? Or is it just that it refuses to route you to that charging station?

I would imagine that perhaps whatever that icon means might "scare" ABRP into not routing to that site. You can probably force it to by adding it as a waypoint.