Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Metter, GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They really are pressing hard on this, aiming to have it online by Wednesday. @M3BlueGeorgia or @Scoopup , it would be good for you all to time visits for Tuesday and Wednesday, to get confirmation for us whether they succeeded.
Is this possible and for real? Have been on A Better Rout Planer calculating my trip and not happy. We have our T-day in Reidsville. If I get 80% in Macon (MLK Blvd since it is about 10 miles closer) I should arrive in Reidsville with about 40%. I then have to go to Sav and will need about 30% to make it safely. That doesn't leave me much margin to do any test drives.

Metter would be PERFECT but can't risk driving to Metter and it NOT be open. This would leave me close with no room for test drives and probably a slower drive to Sav.

Stopped by a couple of hours ago. 8 supercharger stalls in an unusual 5+2+1 arrangement. The 5 closest to the storefront appear to be accessible from either the front or back which will help alleviate ICEing. The only work I saw in progress was laying down asphalt behind the stalls. Everything else appears done but I wasn't going to ask the paving workers anything. I did notice that it now appears on the in-car supercharger map. It's listed as temporarily closed. When I told the car to navigate there it decided to start preconditioning the battery for supercharging.

Attachments

• 20191126_112211.jpg
    20191126_112211.jpg
    793.9 KB · Views: 235
  • 20191126_112416.jpg
    20191126_112416.jpg
    794.3 KB · Views: 198
  • 20191126_112247.jpg
    20191126_112247.jpg
    855.2 KB · Views: 94
  • 20191126_112158.jpg
    20191126_112158.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 95
Stopped by a couple of hours ago. 8 supercharger stalls in an unusual 5+2+1 arrangement. The 5 closest to the storefront appear to be accessible from either the front or back which will help alleviate ICEing. The only work I saw in progress was laying down asphalt behind the stalls. Everything else appears done but I wasn't going to ask the paving workers anything. I did notice that it now appears on the in-car supercharger map. It's listed as temporarily closed. When I told the car to navigate there it decided to start preconditioning the battery for supercharging.
WOW THX and great info......

Did you talk with the store clerk at Parkers? It is likely they know a lot and have been talking to all the workers as they come in and out of the store.

Are they V3? No A/B markings on the pedestals and the cables look smaller.

Last edited:
WOW THX and great info......

Did you talk with the store clerk at Parkers? It is likely they know a lot and have been talking to all the workers as they come in and out of the store.

Are they V3? No A/B markings on the pedestals and the cables look smaller.
It's definitely V3, mwm3 just posted a picture of the V3 supercharger cabinets. I don't get the obsession with trying to tell whether a site is V3 or not by looking at the cables. Maybe that's the only thing people know to look for? I keep seeing it in thread after thread. Cable size is the least distinctive difference and is hardest to tell from pictures.

20191126_112211-jpg.481641

It's definitely V3, mwm3 just posted a picture of the V3 supercharger cabinets. I don't get the obsession with trying to tell whether a site is V3 or not by looking at the cables. Maybe that's the only thing people know to look for? I keep seeing it in thread after thread. Cable size is the least distinctive difference and is hardest to tell from pictures.

20191126_112211-jpg.481641

Thank you. I’ve been telling my wife for years, cable size is NOT important.

Fantastic news! I’ll be heading from Atlanta to Hilton Head next week. This will dramatically improve access to Coastal Georgia, South Carolina and Florida
Yes I dreamed about this Supercharger LOOOOONG before I bought my Model 3 and LOOOONG before I started this thread which was a year before I bought my 3. Almost feels like I have some ownership in it (guess as a stock holder I actually do:eek:) and can't wait to try it out tomorrow.

• Love
Reactions: Acps110