Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pooler, GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Must be this one that was planned

1635372025088.png

The long-planned supercharging site in Pooler GA appears to be well underway, here:

Parker's Kitchen (gas station and restaurant)
2111 Pooler Pkwy
Pooler, GA 31322

This is according to comments this afternoon in the Savannah thread, which I have now requested get moved over to this new thread (and by the time you read this, they may show up above this comment due to their time stamps).

There's an existing Georgia Power site at the Enmarket on the other side of the highway at this same exit.

Reactions: PStewart and J569
A little bird tells me that Rivian had plans to put stations here too. That was a while ago so may no longer be true, but it's something to keep an eye out for at this site over the next year. They didn't get the dealer law fix they'd been pressing for in the last state legislature session, so they may have paused those plans for now and focused first on states that are already on board. Call your state congressmen! (Click here, enter zip, adjust map marker pin, voila names and contact info for your two people.)

I got a local to stop by and get a picture. The photo is tiny, but you can see the big gas station sign and that tells us that it is in the northwest corner of the property, taking up the existing parking spots shown in the upper left corner of the photo in comment #5 above, where the solitary white car is.

I've already asked him if he noticed if the utility transformer was installed. It'll be a big green cube. That might be it there at the right edge of this photo.

Attachments

• pooler.jpg
    pooler.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 125
Wonder if Savannah (airport) going to stay open? Seems that being routed to a SC that requires parking pass/walking, finding to comp and poor V2 vs a new V3 would be disappointing. [rhetorical] If it stays open will the routing just use Airport as overflow after Pooler is full?

Sorta seems strange that Tesla didn't do like at Atlantic Station and just add the V3s to the Airport since they are so close.

Reactions: Enginerd and jsight
Wonder if Savannah (airport) going to stay open? Seems that being routed to a SC that requires parking pass/walking, finding to comp and poor V2 vs a new V3 would be disappointing. [rhetorical] If it stays open will the routing just use Airport as overflow after Pooler is full?

Sorta seems strange that Tesla didn't do like at Atlantic Station and just add the V3s to the Airport since they are so close.
I've charged at SAV Airport a few months ago. While a pass is required for entry, they will waive the fee for Tesla's charging there, provided you haven't been there for more than a couple of hours. The chargers are under roof on the ground floor, too, convenient in case of inclement weather. Just wish they had some signage to get to them ... finding them in short term parking was awkward.

Savannah, GA was opened 1/15/2014. I believe they agree 5 year leases, with a 5 year option for extension, so it could easily stay open until around the beginning of 2014.

However, Tesla is currently paying the airport $600 per month in rent, because it's in an airport parking garage with a parking fee, and it's only a version 2, so I suspect they'll not work too hard to keep it open. It might end up like Normal, IL where it'll fail and they won't bother repairing it because they have an alternative location arranged.

Gas stations, grocery stores and malls seem to be the main targets for new Superchargers.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ChrisC and Enginerd
Pooler, GA

Along Primary Interstates: I-16, I-95
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-80
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-16

To: End (Downtown Savannah, GA) - 11.4 miles
Diversion: 0.6 miles

I-95

To: Savannah, GA - 9.3 miles
Diversion: 5.7 miles
To: Hardeeville, SC - 21.5 miles

US-80

To: End (19th St on Tybee Island, GA) - 35.9 miles
Diversion: 6.4 miles

Version 3 replacement of or supplement to the version 2 in Savannah, GA.

• Informative
Reactions: MattChristian
Wow! This is an exciting day for me. I have followed the Supercharger build out since 2013. I remember when there were 17 superchargers!

And all this time, I saw SO many people being the first to report a Supercharger being online. Well, today is finally MY day!

I am here in Pooler charging right now. All the stalls are lit up. I'll post the pictures after this post.