Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Miami, FL - Mary Brickell Village

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Third floor (entry floor). Northeast corner. The sign they have makes it easy to find. I assume that was put there after Anthony tried to find them.
Hi Pablo,

Thanks again. Am I correct that there is a fee to park?

Here's what their website says:

Parking

Our parking garage entrance is located on SW 10th Street between South Miami Avenue and SW 1st Avenue.

PARKING RATES

0-1 Hours: $3
1-2 Hours: $6
2-3 Hours: $11
3-4 Hours: $15
4-6 Hours: $20
6+ Hours: $30
Lost Ticket: $30
Overnight: $30/day

Larry

Reactions: jbcarioca
Hi Pablo,

Thanks again. Am I correct that there is a fee to park?

Here's what their website says:

Parking

Our parking garage entrance is located on SW 10th Street between South Miami Avenue and SW 1st Avenue.

PARKING RATES

0-1 Hours: $3
1-2 Hours: $6
2-3 Hours: $11
3-4 Hours: $15
4-6 Hours: $20
6+ Hours: $30
Lost Ticket: $30
Overnight: $30/day

Larry

Yes there’s a fee. Those look like the right numbers. I think you can also get a monthly parking pass for $100/mo (for those who live or work nearby).

Yes there’s a fee. Those look like the right numbers. I think you can also get a monthly parking pass for $100/mo (for those who live or work nearby).

But the trick in this garage is to take your parking ticket to the Publix on the ground floor, buy something and have them validate the parking ticket. It's good for 2 hours, unless they've changed their policy lately.

And it worked today - I plugged in, bought a few things at the Publix and got my parking validated. And got a full charge!
SC - Mary Brickell.jpg

Third floor (entry floor). Northeast corner. The sign they have makes it easy to find. I assume that was put there after Anthony tried to find them.
I'm confused by these instructions. I entered from the south side of the block (the only entrance I could find to this garage and I drove around the entire block), went up one ramp to 3rd floor (we agree on this), and then found the superchargers in the southeast corner of that floor.

The pin on the Nav, 3rd floor instruction in the bubble, and the sign in the garage made it fairly easy to find.

The above image is from the supercharger cabinet at this location. Maybe @mociaf9 or someone else can decipher why it is listed at 63kW max. The label actually says 2x72kW so I can't figure it out. FWIW, I maxed out at about 58-59kW with ~35% SOC when I used this supercharger.

Lastly I was able to get in and out without having to pay, but I only was there a few minutes so I could add it to my superchargers visited tally. I'm not sure what the limit is for the grace period, but we at least know there is one.

The above image is from the supercharger cabinet at this location. Maybe @mociaf9 or someone else can decipher why it is listed at 63kW max. The label actually says 2x72kW so I can't figure it out. FWIW, I maxed out at about 58-59kW with ~35% SOC when I used this supercharger.

Lastly I was able to get in and out without having to pay, but I only was there a few minutes so I could add it to my superchargers visited tally. I'm not sure what the limit is for the grace period, but we at least know there is one.
Posts #12 and #20 in this thread state the power output of these chargers is limited to 63 kW. Reason is likely that the electrical system at this mall or Parkade cannot reach an output of 72 kW. The limit of the Supercharging power is the limited to 63.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
Posts #12 and #20 in this thread state the power output of these chargers is limited to 63 kW. Reason is likely that the electrical system at this mall or Parkade cannot reach an output of 72 kW. The limit of the Supercharging power is the limited to 63.
Although Tesla has told me that the 63 kW capacity listed on our navigation systems is correct, it would be a simple matter for someone with a low state of charge to see if their charging rate exceeds 63 kW to resolve this question.

Larry

Well my state of charge was fairly low and obviously the battery was warm. I only got 58-59kW.
It's true that your data point at around 35% supports what I was told by Tesla. However, it is just one data point and it would be useful if others with even lower states of charge reported their experiences as well.

Larry

Reactions: PLUS EV

Doesn't look to be a "Tesla hardware" issue. Based on the nameplate, It's the same as the normal 72 kW urban charger cabinets. Nor voltage drop since the cabinets aren't far away from the charging posts. So, I'm left with the same assumption as @eladts in post #20, that there's some electrical power limitation on their service. Looks like they're getting electricity through the mall's service (see the pics of the big disconnect switches by the cabinets), instead of a direct service from the utility. Likely 1/4 MW was the max available or allowed.

• Informative
Reactions: PLUS EV and Chuq