Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Milpitas CA - Great Mall (LIVE 20 Sep 2019, 20 Urban stalls, two areas)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took some pics last week as well

9QZAhBmh.jpg

t3jnfQ2h.jpg

57fPUG5h.jpg

65l2M2Nh.jpg

Reactions: mociaf9
I don't understand why Electrify America has (2) two CCS 150 kW cables (since only one can be used) on the same Station! it make no sense.
I mentioned the reason above. Unlike Tesla, not all vehicles than can use their chargers have the charge port in the same place on the vehicle. Here's what their web site says about it:

"The dual charging cables are not designed to charge two vehicles at the same time, but rather to easily reach your car’s charging port—no matter where it’s located. If either connector is in use, look for a different open charger. Most Electrify America locations will have four or more chargers at a station."

I mentioned the reason above. Unlike Tesla, not all vehicles than can use their chargers have the charge port in the same place on the vehicle. Here's what their web site says about it:

"The dual charging cables are not designed to charge two vehicles at the same time, but rather to easily reach your car’s charging port—no matter where it’s located. If either connector is in use, look for a different open charger. Most Electrify America locations will have four or more chargers at a station."
DUMB and OVER SPENDING. They should have just placed two different connectors.

OR

One single LONGER cable like "ChargePoint'.

One should do a Usability study on the dumb mistake like the (2) CCS 150 kW cables. I have a feeling each person who approaches this setup must take a 2-5 sec pause just to navigate which one to try and use. Then one many be within 5-10 inches of working then they need to switch or adjust their car.

Could you imagine placing (2) regular unleaded gas next to each otters on the SAME stall. only that both are the same but just about 10 -12 inches apart on the holes at the top.

Last edited: