Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mishawaka, IN - Grape Rd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Poor location for people traveling on the toll road. On/off is so far from the exits, which is the same problem for the original site at the UP Mall. Great for locals, but does that area really need 12 (18 with the UP mall)??? Maybe Tesla thinks ND alumns all own Teslas!
You don't have a point. There is no reason to exit the toll road to charge as every rest stop in Indiana has a supercharger. Talk about complaining about nothing.

Poor location for people traveling on the toll road. On/off is so far from the exits, which is the same problem for the original site at the UP Mall. Great for locals, but does that area really need 12 (18 with the UP mall)??? Maybe Tesla thinks ND alumns all own Teslas!
South Bend is 4th largest city in Indiana, and combined with Mishiwaka and Elkhart, likely #2 or #3 combined metro area. It is WAY underserved. With the exception of the numerous toll road plazas, North Central Indiana is a supercharger desert. We deperately need one in Plymouth at US30/31 Intersection for E/W and N/S travel. Getting on and off the toll road to charge just is not practical for locals, and of course they didn't think to make local access possible by putting them on a back fence adjacent to service plaza employee lots.

I was at this charger yesterday and plugged in at 18% with my MYLR and got 262kw. Fastest I've seen before this was 258kw. Anyone else getting peak rates like this?

tempImage5LwgHz.jpg

South Bend is 4th largest city in Indiana, and combined with Mishiwaka and Elkhart, likely #2 or #3 combined metro area. It is WAY underserved. With the exception of the numerous toll road plazas, North Central Indiana is a supercharger desert. We deperately need one in Plymouth at US30/31 Intersection for E/W and N/S travel. Getting on and off the toll road to charge just is not practical for locals, and of course they didn't think to make local access possible by putting them on a back fence adjacent to service plaza employee lots.

I totally agree with all that, especially placing one at the 30/31 intersection! I haven't been back to the SB area in a while since I moved to New England, but did return a week ago. Super nice that the toll road plazas in Indiana (and most of Ohio) have superchargers! Big win! Tesla should have started with that. Ever since Tesla first placed one at the UP Mall, I've always thought that was a dumb location. The point of using a supercharger is for long trips. The least they could do was put it next to a toll road exit/entrance.

• Disagree
Reactions: tm3dlr