Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mission, KS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went by this location yesterday - it is definitely working. I looked at my Tesla app, but it was not showing. This morning, it IS showing in the app, so it must be live! Notice the nice ding in the front corner panel there? Yeah - Hy-Vee shopping cart . . . uh might not be the best place to have cars charge - in grocery store parking lots . . . *sigh* That happened at the Olathe location - I will post about that here soon . . .

Mission Supercharger.jpg

When I left, two other Teslas had shown up, so I think it will get some decent usage!

Finally the Shawnee Mission SC is showing up on Tesla's web map. Ironically it shows up as 72kW charger. I wonder why a new SC is "slower" than the other "older" SCs?
It's an urban type charger I believe. Like the one up North of the city at HyVee.

Edit, it's funny because I'm sure I have met most of the folks posting in this thread but without real names I'm at a loss. I'm Patrick BTW. I was on the news recently. ;)

Finally the Shawnee Mission SC is showing up on Tesla's web map. Ironically it shows up as 72kW charger. I wonder why a new SC is "slower" than the other "older" SCs?
The 72kW Superchargers are the urban style - they only get 72kW but it is not shared. The traditional ones are 120kW (or more recently 150kW), but each one is paired with another, so you will not get the full 120kW if another car is using the paired charger.