Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mississauga, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a way to check with the city for building permits for Tesla?

Building permits take months to get so if the site is indeed slated to open in 2018, then permit application should at least be in right now. Agreed that Mississauga Rd / Derry would be an ideal location as it is located in the confluence of 401/407 and has a lot of quick service food facility to pass the time. The mall operator should love to have that. Ontario rate averages about $0.1/kwh ($0.065-$0.13) so say a SC fill up for a base Model 3 (highest volume vehicle) from 20-80% will be 30kWh and $3 for the operator. That amount is made up if someone just buys pretty much any food / drink in the area.

Is there a way to check with the city for building permits for Tesla?

Building permits take months to get so if the site is indeed slated to open in 2018, then permit application should at least be in right now. Agreed that Mississauga Rd / Derry would be an ideal location as it is located in the confluence of 401/407 and has a lot of quick service food facility to pass the time. The mall operator should love to have that. Ontario rate averages about $0.1/kwh ($0.065-$0.13) so say a SC fill up for a base Model 3 (highest volume vehicle) from 20-80% will be 30kWh and $3 for the operator. That amount is made up if someone just buys pretty much any food / drink in the area.
doesn't tesla pay the hydro bill?

if not, how are they able to charge for connection time? Model 3 folks have to pay to supercharge I believe. Model S folks who overstay their welcome (past 100%) have to pay as well.

I was wondering the same thing. Is there a way to view online city permits that are applied by Tesla? This should be available to the public I would think
If it is available online, then it does not show up in my listings. Just call the building department and ask. Depending on the city, some will tell you on the phone, some will tell you to come in and look for yourself, and a few may tell you they want a small fee to research it (rare). I don't have anything to do with Canada, so can't help.

You're connected to the charger after you hit 100 %. Pretty straightforward. Unlessyou posted simply because you're arguing semantics...in that case you may want to try meditation.

Actually, I was being serious. We find things out about these cars all the time, like when Tesla uncorked cars in Florida. I thought you might have known something new. No need to be insecure, I don’t come to this forum to insult or argue. I have a wife to fill that role.

I always thought Whole Foods would be a logical location for chargers of any kind, including Tesla. They could put it in the WF lot at Square One which has great highway access but a big propensity to be ICE'd.

I haven't found ICING to be a big issue here so far. I drove down to Manhattan over the weekend and didn't have any issues with spots being ICE'd either but had to pay $28USD to charge for an hour. On top of that it was an Urban charge so I didn't even get a full charge.

I always thought Whole Foods would be a logical location for chargers of any kind, including Tesla. They could put it in the WF lot at Square One which has great highway access but a big propensity to be ICE'd.
If Vaughan Mills wasn't having problems with 'iceing' (once the warning signs and a couple of parking tickets went up) in mid-late december, then the whole 'iced' discussion should be killed with fire and not worried about ever again. It's really not that big of an issue, especially when there are 20 spots at these new monster locations. Iceing is an issue at a remote supercharger in the MOFN where there are only 6 stalls and someone temporarily parks a truck/trailer across them. Otherwise, it's really not an issue to concern yourself with.