Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Montgomery, AL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone in the local area have any updates on this station’s progress? I’m going to be driving from Raleigh, NC to Austin, TX in the coming weeks and was hoping this would come online by then so I could avoid the Greenville AL Supercharger.
I don't know your exact route, but Google maps indicates the shortest (not by much) route is to take I-20 out of ATL instead of I-85/65/10. That way, you avoid Greenville, AL, altogether.
If you do take the I-65 route, you might be able to charge up in Auburn, skip Greenville, AL, and charge in Mobile, AL. 229 miles.
FWIW Auburn isn't ideal either because it's so far off I-85.

I don't know your exact route, but Google maps indicates the shortest (not by much) route is to take I-20 out of ATL instead of I-85/65/10. That way, you avoid Greenville, AL, altogether.
If you do take the I-65 route, you might be able to charge up in Auburn, skip Greenville, AL, and charge in Mobile, AL. 229 miles.
Yeah, I agree with this. The Birmingham supercharger can get busy, but it's a much better stop than Greenville and is pretty close to the Interstate now that construction is complete around there.

I was also through Montgomery last week and saw no activity.

I should’ve mentioned we also planned to stop in New Orleans so we will be going south to I-10, however I have seen Google Maps fluctuate between I-10 and I-20 depending on time of day.

I should’ve mentioned we also planned to stop in New Orleans so we will be going south to I-10, however I have seen Google Maps fluctuate between I-10 and I-20 depending on time of day.
We take I-12 and bypass New Orleans on our Houston trips, stopping instead in Baton Rouge. It's shorter that way and less traffic.
We charge up in Slidel and make it to Baton Rouge with no issues. If you wanted to push further, you could stop at the V3 in Lafayette. Just make sure you have enough charge to make it....there's ~20 stretch over a swamp with no exits.

I agree completely, but Mobile is even further out of the way. The charger is behind Bel Air Mall, my teen hangout in the 80s, at I-65 and Airport. Not super close for east-west traffic on I-10.
Yeah, I don't like Mobile either but if the OP wants to skip GVL, then that's the only way I know of to do it. At least Mobile seems to be open and working unlike GVL which is on sometimes and off others.
Last time we drove from Houston, we charged at the new charger at D'Iberville, skipped Mobile, and charged at GVL, skipped Auburn and charged at Newnan, GA. With Montgomery opening, we can skip GVL as well. GVL is a good stop if it's working and not busy, but that hasn't been the case lately.

Yes, when I bought my car, Atlanta -> Gulf Shores was a common drive for me, and looking at the map, Greenville had a Cracker Barrel right there. I thought it would be perfect. Except there is always a charger broken and too many people wanting to charge on Sunday coming back from a holiday weekend. And I've never actually had a meal at that Cracker Barrel because of the 45+ minute waits. My kid likes the snacks in the store, though.

A Montgomery, AL supercharger has been promised for over a year on Tesla's website.....but rumor has it that it will be located in the back of a brand new "Z" gas station on AL-110 (chantilly parkway) that sits about 200 yards from the Hotel Classio (10095 Chantilly Parkway). The gas station has blindingly green neon lights.
Hi. Just wondering if anyone has heard any news about a Montgomery supercharger. According to their site, it looks like one is planned for downtown. Thanks!

Hi. Just wondering if anyone has heard any news about a Montgomery supercharger. According to their site, it looks like one is planned for downtown. Thanks!
Tesla’s site just shows the expected location of coming soon superchargers at the center of the city label; they’re never accurate. This thread is about one currently under construction though, which is located at the Target at the Shoppes at EastChase.

def suggest the Facebook group
Yeah state FB group is easiest way to engage.. FWIW I'm a Huntsville resident but I spent tons of time in Montgomery for work so I'm actually more concerned about charging here than I am at home.
Disappointed to hear work is stalled, though the location makes it unlikely I'll use it much anyway. I hope they get back on track soon.

Yeah state FB group is easiest way to engage.. FWIW I'm a Huntsville resident but I spent tons of time in Montgomery for work so I'm actually more concerned about charging here than I am at home.
Disappointed to hear work is stalled, though the location makes it unlikely I'll use it much anyway. I hope they get back on track soon.

Me too! My folks live right near that shopping center, so the supercharger there would be a huge help.

I did see on PlugShare that the Greenville location may actually be fixed now, so at least that's helpful for everyone continuing down I-65.