Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Monticello, MN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Plans have been filed for the Monticello Supercharger!! 8 stalls are coming soon to the Cub Foods on 7th Street.

Monticello Title.jpg

Monticello, MN

Host Type: Supermarket
Host: Cub
Along Primary Interstates: I-94
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-94

To: Maple Grove, MN - 21.2 miles
Diversion: 1 miles
To: Robbinsdale, MN - 32.4 miles

US-10

To: Vadnais Heights, MN - 48.4 miles
Diversion: 6.1 miles
To: Ludington, MI - 368 miles

US-52

To: Maple Grove, MN - 22 miles
Diversion: 1 miles
To: Robbinsdale, MN - 37.9 miles

Reactions: Cyberjr
It might not be clear for those who haven't driven to Brainerd/Baxter from the Twin Cities, but Monticello is usually the exit one takes to jump from I94 to US10. Having this Supercharger will mean that one won't have to make a decision between driving through St. Cloud and hitting up Clearwater or charging longer in order to make that distance without an intermediate charge. I wonder how much this location was chosen by mining fleet data.

That was the lower part of this that got put over the top...
Hmmm. Still not sure. Normally there would be more trenching going on for a supercharger, not just a single concrete pad with empty conduit. Hopefully this will materalize into more work that leads to a supercharger…
If any Tesla labeled equipment shows up, that would confirm it. Or, maybe more typical trenching; or even some grading that has been more consistent with prep for sites using the new pre-fab chargers…

Trenching of the main lines is going on at the other end of the parking lot they said it is for the Tesla Supercharger and they need to get the power from the overhead lines that are quite a ways away. I'll see if I can get by and get a photo of that.