Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Morrisburg, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can’t imagine Tesla would choose between one or the other. They are putting them up all over the place now.
They are in some areas, but not in others. Southwestern Ontario once you get past Woodstock is pretty lacking with only London, Windsor and Comber along the 401. And the 401 E of Gan is also pretty slim, although less so once this site goes ahead, plus Brockville, assuming that happens.

Reactions: RedOctober
They are in some areas, but not in others. Southwestern Ontario once you get past Woodstock is pretty lacking with only London, Windsor and Comber along the 401. And the 401 E of Gan is also pretty slim, although less so once this site goes ahead, plus Brockville, assuming that happens.
I travel from the London area to Windsor and found the Comber Rd SC becoming very congested since there really isn’t any place to charge between the two cities. I looked around to see if there would be a suitable location along the 401 along that route but there just isn’t much out there. Chatham is in the area but is so far off the 401.

With Brockville coming online in a month or two, they might think Prescott would be redundant.
Agreed, I was hoping that they would move the Brockville site to Prescott. But they have other sites very close together - Port Hope and Coburg, Belleville and Trenton, Kingston ang Gan. Those are all about the same distance apart as Prescott and Brockville.

I like your optimism.

Well, Brockville, ON, Kemptville, ON and Morrisburg, ON certainly make Prescott less important, but not redundant.

Prescott would make the density there close to "stop when you need to stop".
Well, I certainly have no problem with "stop when you need to stop", but other areas in Ontario need it more than the Gananoque to Morrisburg section of the 401. Highway 11 from North Bay to Nipigon is a 10 hour drive with *zero* superchargers. Timmins is on the edge of my range from any supercharger with my MYLR, and I have to be careful. If there was a detour I could end up with a dead battery.

Reactions: RedOctober
Well, I certainly have no problem with "stop when you need to stop", but other areas in Ontario need it more than the Gananoque to Morrisburg section of the 401. Highway 11 from North Bay to Nipigon is a 10 hour drive with *zero* superchargers. Timmins is on the edge of my range from any supercharger with my MYLR, and I have to be careful. If there was a detour I could end up with a dead battery.
Rent a gas car for this trip.

Tesla is in the business of making money. Hwy 11 through Northern Ontario doesn't get a ton of traffic and if you really need to go from North Bay to Nipigon then you can take the Hwy through the Soo and have Supercharging along the way. The ROI on that route is going to be pretty low. The 401 is pretty much the busiest highway in the country that connects the country's two largest cities.

Tesla is in the business of making money. Hwy 11 through Northern Ontario doesn't get a ton of traffic and if you really need to go from North Bay to Nipigon then you can take the Hwy through the Soo and have Supercharging along the way. The ROI on that route is going to be pretty low. The 401 is pretty much the busiest highway in the country that connects the country's two largest cities.
I'm not interested in driving to Nipigon specifically. I'm driving to Englehart and Timmins. Hearst is currently out of the question without a CCS or Chademo connector or a slower L2 charge along the way. When there are some NACS chargers along Highway 11, I'll feel a lot better.

I'm aware the ROI for Northern Ontario is low. They had Rouyn and Val-d'Or on the map as places they were planning a supercharger for a while. Can't be much better there.

image.jpg

8 stalls are in @ MacEwen.

Unless you are going from Toronto to Ottawa as you will never see Morrisburg.
Not sure if (he was) serious.

The thing about Superchargers is ...

First they complain that there's no Supercharger.
Then they complain that the Supercharger is in an inconvenient location.
Then they complain that their Supercharger doesn't have enough capacity and it needs to be expanded.
Then they want to go somewhere else ...