Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Nashville / Brentwood, TN (SC)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Along this Memphis to Nashville travel ... don't disagree, but ...

My wife won't allow me to plugshare (darn, worried about safety) for anyone making this trip. My house is very near the intersection of I40/I240/Sam Cooper, and I have a 80 amp connector in my garage. PM me with some warning if needed. I am 210 miles from the Nashville SC, so its doable ( I suspect) in most Teslas.

image.jpg

No worries, didn't see it as combative ;) My thinking was that since Nashville is already just over 200 miles, and the planned (under construction) supercharger site there is a few miles south of I-40, that a supercharger on the east side of Memphis is a better bet, especially for 60 and 70kwh cars.

Haven't seen Tesla itemize it in words but if you study the 2015 Supercharger map closely you might observe two Superchargers in Nashville.

Consider Tesla Nashville is just 2.6 miles north of Nissan's North American HQ (which has a few public EVSE and a large number of EVSE for employees) there may be just a bit of showmanship involved in putting a Supercharger at a Tesla sales & service center.

Consider Tesla Nashville is just 2.6 miles north of Nissan's North American HQ (which has a few public EVSE and a large number of EVSE for employees) there may be just a bit of showmanship involved in putting a Supercharger at a Tesla sales & service center.

Cool. Now if we could just get that same kind of "showmanship" in the Greenville/Spartanburg area of South Carolina at the Jxn of I-26 and I-85 near the BMW Factory.

Just wanted to give a quick update. The crew was waiting for a Electrical inspection this afternoon. If it passes, they can pour the concrete and check off all the underground work. The next step would be to put in the transformer. If all goes as planned, they were expecting to finish up in a few weeks. I think the crew was shooting for a July 1st completion date for the supercharger install. they didn't divulge where they were headed next but they were working awfully hard to finish this project asap. I really appreciate how hard they were working on this, especially since it was 94 degrees today.

IMG_3059.JPG
IMG_3060.JPG

This looks perfect for us, going to be visiting Nashville just for a day in July, thinking of driving in from Elizabethtown. Question: earlier in this thread someone posted that Elizabethtown, KY is a stretch from this location, but google is telling me it's only 149 miles (up I65). Seem quite doable to me (with P85), unless I'm missing something?

stopped by today and they were striping the parking lot. Looks like they are done and waiting on a final electrical inspection. Superchargers should be good to go in a few days. Also, on a totally unrelated note, make sure you check out season 1 episode 12 of "The Comedians" on FX for a scene with Billy Crystal in a Model S.

Last edited:
Re: Elizabethtown, Ky to Nashville Tn

This looks perfect for us, going to be visiting Nashville just for a day in July, thinking of driving in from Elizabethtown. Question: earlier in this thread someone posted that Elizabethtown, KY is a stretch from this location, but google is telling me it's only 149 miles (up I65). Seem quite doable to me (with P85), unless I'm missing something?

Elizabethtown to Nashville is a cake walk for the S85.