Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Nepean, ON - Robertson Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3 weeks after the Coventry Electirify Canada charger opens
It's likely waiting for some local government inspector to give the blessing to proceed. If so, both the EC and Tesla sites might get the go-ahead the same day.

[Edit] ha ha I read "Coventry" as "Carlington". [EC site is at Coventry Rd & Belfast Rd Ottawa.] Different cities involved but both sites will be waiting on city inspections before the lights go on.

Last edited:
I recently had to deal with trying to schedule work done by Ottawa Hydro and it was a nightmare or circular phone calls, hang ups, web site forms that don't exist. They blame everything on Covid. It was a soul sucking experience.

Like someone else said, this is likely the first outdoor Supercharger for Ottawa Hydro and they are not in a hurry to do anything new.

Ok, does anyone know for a fact that this supercharger is complete and awaiting inspection? Point being we all thought North Bay and Deep River were complete and we were complaining that it wasn't activated. After about a month Tesla installed a few more components in the main cabinets and they were then activated in a week or so.

If we are sure these are complete and simply awaiting inspection it might be a good idea to write the city councilor to see if he can hasten the inspection. This supercharger is in Ottawa Ward 8, College Ward. The councilor is Rick Chairelli, [email protected] Tel.:613-580-2478. While Mr. Chiarelli is on medical leave his staff are no doubt still processing citizen emails and complaints to the greatest extent possible. In a city that claims to be green and supports environmental projects to help reduce greenhouse gas emissions it is unacceptable that a facility which can help foster EV adoption stands inactive due to the local hydro authority's seeming disinterest and lethargy. I suppose it would not hurt to copy the mayor, Jim Gordon, on any correspondence [email protected] Tel.:613-580-2496.

Up to each member, especially local members, as to what you do with this information.

Last edited:
Kincardine started construction Aug 11, one month after Nepean on July 11th, yet it has opened today. Hard to believe that this is a delay caused by Tesla. ...my compass points to HydroOttawa.
What's particularly brutal is this crew completely finished Ottawa, then presumably went all the way to Kincardine to start and finish that location, yet Kincardine opens first. Imagine if Collingwood opens before Nepean.

Received this from the head of Hydro Ottawa today through our local city councillor:
2135 Robertson (Tesla) – Energization will take place shortly. Minimal work necessary to complete the connection. Should be happening within the next two weeks.

300 Coventry (Electrify Canada) – Outage is being scheduled for the evening of October 25th after store hours. Energization is expected to be completed overnight before the store opens on the 26th.