Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Newark, DE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed that the overhead pole LED lights over the stalls are out at night so the site is somewhat in the dark. The overhead lights in the rest of the parking lot are on. I called Tesla to let them know and it took a while to explain which lights I was talking about (not the stalls), why are those a Tesla concern and not the power utility, and how the problem can go unnoticed when the Tesla service team eventually checks the site during the day. Not convinced that I managed to convey the issue successfully, so if while charging at night here you notice it please give Tesla another call. Thanks :)

Last edited:
Reactions: jthompson
help me understand, the lights that illuminate the area where the SpC units are located are on poles?
if yes then the lighting fixture, the pole and bulb units are the responsibility of the turnpike operator. their operation is not relevant to the SpC's, just like every other light fixture is in place in order to illuminate the parking area. If I am not mistaken the lighting is not part of the SpC.

help me understand, the lights that illuminate the area where the SpC units are located are on poles?
if yes then the lighting fixture, the pole and bulb units are the responsibility of the turnpike operator. their operation is not relevant to the SpC's, just like every other light fixture is in place in order to illuminate the parking area. If I am not mistaken the lighting is not part of the SpC.
Tesla installs additional and dedicated lights to illuminate the charging area as the existing lighting is not sufficient or gets turned off and is not on throughout the night. The Newark, DE site has three of those as the stalls are at the corner edge of the lot. Those additional lights are not working, ok?

Reactions: bhzmark and Lanny
Happy to report that the overhead lights are back on
IMG_6219.JPG

Warning!

Delaware state police have this whole section of parking lot blocked as a crime scene and said I had to leave.

Wouldn't say what the deal was, but they're surrounding some vehicle in the next lane over.

Avoid today if you can
that could be a real pain! fortunately it won't be a long term problem. I hope this post saves someone who would be depending on that SpC from arriving and being forced to use the L2 units there.