Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SuperCharger - North Bay, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As promised, just got back to Ottawa from a trip to North Bay via Hwy 17 through Deep River.
The Deep River SC is exactly the same as the last photos posted in its thread (pads are built but no electrical on site yet and still fenced off) -- so I didnt bother taking pictures myself.

North Bay does have a bit of progress in that there is equipment on site.The pallets were still wrapped and included quite a few spools of cabling, and several white cabinets. The corner where this is being installed was very busy with traffic and I was blocking the through route so my pictures were taken from my truck as I drove by slowly. Sorry for the poor quality but here they are.

Attachments

• 20190804_122337 (2).jpg
    20190804_122337 (2).jpg
    703.6 KB · Views: 156
  • 20190804_122318 (2).jpg
    20190804_122318 (2).jpg
    803.5 KB · Views: 136
As promised, just got back to Ottawa from a trip to North Bay via Hwy 17 through Deep River.
The Deep River SC is exactly the same as the last photos posted in its thread (pads are built but no electrical on site yet and still fenced off) -- so I didnt bother taking pictures myself.

North Bay does have a bit of progress in that there is equipment on site.The pallets were still wrapped and included quite a few spools of cabling, and several white cabinets. The corner where this is being installed was very busy with traffic and I was blocking the through route so my pictures were taken from my truck as I drove by slowly. Sorry for the poor quality but here they are.
Thanks and nice pics. That's basically the same hardware that recently showed up at the Sault Ste Marie location as well--see Supercharger - Sault Ste Marie, ON. It looks like the semi-generic electrical gear. I.e. the switchgear and a pair of autotransformers. None of the Tesla-specific stuff--e.g. V3 supercharger cabinets or pedestals--has shown up yet.

Hi pmanstuff,

Since August 5th's post by GoldenBasis showing the state of construction, would you be able to confirm that there are actual progress of installation?

I'm going to be travelling from Ottawa to Cobalt, and I rather stay overnight in North Bay instead of Huntsville, so if the Supercharger is completed by 1st week of September, that would mean I get to book a hotel in North Bay instead.

Thanks for keeping us posted pmanstuff!

Hi @IHartEV,

If you're considering staying overnight in North Bay, there is a destination charger at Clarion Resort Pinewood Park, 201 Pinewood Park Dr, North Bay. It's listed on Tesla's map of destination chargers. I have no personal experience with this location, but I am a fan of using destination charging (if possible) whenever I'm staying overnight somewhere.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: MarcoRP
Hi @IHartEV,

If you're considering staying overnight in North Bay, there is a destination charger at Clarion Resort Pinewood Park, 201 Pinewood Park Dr, North Bay. It's listed on Tesla's map of destination chargers. I have no personal experience with this location, but I am a fan of using destination charging (if possible) whenever I'm staying overnight somewhere.

Hope this helps.
...and the Best Western has a Sun Country 48 Amp/208V
PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

There are now about a dozen sites on the Trans-Canada where the bases are prepared and they are only waiting for the Tesla equipment to arrive. (Possibly more. Anyone check if the SSM construction crew made it to Wawa, White River, and/or Terrace Bay? The Prawda MB crew - from Prince Albert, actually - has moved on we don't know where) My guess is that when all the bases are done, the Tesla crews will blitz cross-country, and then there will be a grand event or announcement that Trans-Canada is open. But... I'll believe it when I see it.

There are now about a dozen sites on the Trans-Canada where the bases are prepared and they are only waiting for the Tesla equipment to arrive.

There are also several sites in the States and one in Quebec that are waiting for equipment. I wonder how much more construction costs when you have to have the teams return to sites to complete work at later, uncertain dates.

Hi @IHartEV,

Hope this helps.
Thank you for your suggestion! I did look at this Pinewood Park charger, and yes, it definitely is a consideration.

I'm just going to pray to the Supercharger gods that the N.Bay Superchargers will be ready sooner then later, as 120kw (if not 250kw) charging is so much more convenient. =)

I've used the best western and pinewood charges. I'm in the process of moving to north bay from Ottawa. Best) Best western had one charger that you'll need the standard adapter for and it is a 240v and I got about 45km/h while pinewood has two chargers, one is a tesla destination charger while the other is the same as best westerns. I'm actually on my way to the best western one tonight so hopefully none of you are there. Lol

Reactions: GarthG
Thank you for this recommendation. I think I may have saw this one, but I'll put it in my option B's list of places to charge if option A Supercharger isn't ready yet.
Yeah, it's WAY more convenient. My daughter and I bought a house in North Bay, when she went to Nipissing U (before anything but Barrie was operational), and I usually drove the pick-up truck up ((often full of stuff, or horses (don't ask), going both ways)). House sold a few years ago - but It would have been much nicer in my Tesla.

Reactions: MarcoRP
I was there today but it was pretty busy so I only got the one photo...no one working tho. I doubt it will be in service by sept long weekend.View attachment 442660
Identification of the things in the picture:

RED -- empty pads for the two V3 supercharger cabinets (i.e. they aren't on site yet).
BLUE -- 2 autotransformers (buck-boost transformers)
GREEN -- Switchgear (houses the main disconnect and any fuses or circuit breakers)
PURPLE-- Empty pad for the Utility transformer with high voltage vault (?)
BROWN-- Empty pads for the charging posts/pedestals (i.e. they aren't on site yet)

North Bay_annotated.jpg

Well I guess they won't be open for University Move-In Day (Aug. 24th)
My Step Daughter is going to start a Nipissing University and I was hoping to be able to try it out while we are there.
If I see anything that day I will let you all know.