Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SuperCharger - North Bay, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder what kind of test can take so long. A few hours will totally charge and equalize the batteries no matter what the weather. Full discharge with heating and sentry is about 5-6 kw, so 20 hours to fully discharge?

You're assuming it's charging. More likely it's not charging but communicating, testing, benchmarking, etc. the output of the charger and other diagnostic activities. It's just easier for Tesla to build all that into an X making it all automatically portable.

Definitely a good sign that Tesla is testing the chargers, even if this is just the first one.

Awesome, thanks! Looking forward to them - very interested to learn more about this mystery X and it's Supercharger :D

@pmanstuff I'd also be curious for your thoughts as to whether this vehicle has moved at all by looking at the snow around it - it may be apparent whether someone is driving this vehicle daily or whether it has been left for an extended period of time if you are on-site and looking for clues of that.
So here's the video and a picture of the vehicle which is on day 4 now I believe since it has first been seen Friday and has not been moved.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

So here's the video and a picture of the vehicle which is on day 4 now I believe since it has first been seen Friday and has not been moved.

View attachment 478517 View attachment 478519 View attachment 478520 View attachment 478522
Excellent, thank you very much for being our on-site eyes and ears! Given that this has now been confirmed as a Tesla testing vehicle (based on posts up-thread) I'm curious to see how long it sits there. It's interesting that the charge port was not illuminated - I guess the vehicle will still go to sleep even if connected to a Supercharger, if it's there long enough.

Reactions: pmanstuff
My speculation is that they have finished testing and have returned/flown home so left the test car plugged in, because that’s what you do with your ev when it’s just sitting, especially in cold weather. Will then return this week to be available to troubleshoot for the big remote charger turn on during the pickup truck reveal Thursday. Sounds good anyway!

Someone mentioned the green flashing light not working. This light will never come on unless the car’s key holder is nearby!
I travel every month from Toronto to Kapsukasing with my Model X and am so tired of going through Sudbury and Timmins. I’ve been monitoring this thread for months! I’m currently in Kapuskasing returning to Toronto on the weekend. Hoping they’ll have the North Bay station sorted out this week!

Someone mentioned the green flashing light not working. This light will never come on unless the car’s key holder is nearby!
I travel every month from Toronto to Kapsukasing with my Model X and am so tired of going through Sudbury and Timmins. I’ve been monitoring this thread for months! I’m currently in Kapuskasing returning to Toronto on the weekend. Hoping they’ll have the North Bay station sorted out this week!
You must charge somewhere in Timmins on a public charger to get the rest of the way home??

Oooof. That must be quite a slog in an EV. How long does it end up taking you?

You must charge somewhere in Timmins on a public charger to get the rest of the way home??
I do! There’s an amazing one at a truck service center that provides FREE charging at about 68km/hr. I usually just need about 30 mins to top up to get to kapuskasing. When I get there I use my dad’s welding outlet.
There’s another DC fast charge downtown Timmins behind Scotiabank (with Chademo adapter) but that thing has never worked since day 1. What a waste.

• Informative
Reactions: pmanstuff
It takes about 11 hours in the summer. In winter time as 2 hours to that!! That’s why I’m looking forward to the North Bay supercharger there is also a DC fast charger near Dymond. This will shorten my ride.
Where's the fast charger near Dymond? And which truck stop in Timmins? I'm planning on travelling up that way this summer. Some idea where to charge would be kindly appreciated.

Reactions: GarthG