Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SuperCharger - North Bay, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just made an account. I have been following the thread for a while now. Decided to check on my own again and it's working..
It was jumping between 10-24kW

One has no light on the pedestal. Tried two

Attachments

• 20191204_155224.jpg
    20191204_155224.jpg
    338.3 KB · Views: 108
  • 20191204_155219.jpg
    20191204_155219.jpg
    400.4 KB · Views: 102
  • 20191204_155208.jpg
    20191204_155208.jpg
    595.6 KB · Views: 102
Just made an account. I have been following the thread for a while now. Decided to check on my own again and it's working..
It was jumping between 10-24kW

One has no light on the pedestal. Tried two

I would have expected a much higher charge rate for a 61% SOC, especially in a Model 3. Was this charge rate taken soon after plugging in and hence the battery was still being conditioned or was it taken later in the charge cycle? Promising but questions.and concerns remain.

My guess the slowish rate could just be due to a cold battery pack?

I have never had it charge that slow. It was above freezing(not by much). The battery was warm before we drove nearly 60km then parked it for an hour and headed to the charger.

We just showed up at the charger with hopes,so there was no preconditioning. If you're right that kinda sucks. you would think the battery would warm up at least a bit in the first ten minutes

• Disagree
Reactions: duanra
I have never had it charge that slow. It was above freezing(not by much). The battery was warm before we drove nearly 60km then parked it for an hour and headed to the charger.

We just showed up at the charger with hopes,so there was no preconditioning. If you're right that kinda sucks. you would think the battery would warm up at least a bit in the first ten minutes

Sounds like it cooled back off to the point of very slow charging since it was parked for an hour prior to charging without preconditioning.

It's great to see the TCH starting to open up!

Reactions: surfaholic
Which stall did you park at? I was there today, tried two stalls, no juice at either of them.
And folks, don't get too excited about the Ivy network chargers yet - I tried the one at Hunstville, and its not compatible with Tesla. Two M3's tried to charge there, no love, but there was a chevy there happily charging.

• Informative
Reactions: GarthG