Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SuperCharger - North Bay, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anybody have any news about the Renfrew SC? Permit has been out forever as well. Any action there? Crates? Will be going from Just west of Orillia to just east of Ottawa in my AWD long range M3 and would love to take the Bancoft route as it is the least ravelled and shortest distance, but fear not making it due to additional winter heating, windshield defrost and headlight drains on my range.

Does anybody have any news about the Renfrew SC? Permit has been out forever as well. Any action there? Crates? Will be going from Just west of Orillia to just east of Ottawa in my AWD long range M3 and would love to take the Bancoft route as it is the least ravelled and shortest distance, but fear not making it due to additional winter heating, windshield defrost and headlight drains on my range.
I took a look at the Renfrew "site" a few weeks ago, absolutely no activity. I did a bit of poking around, I have doubts that there is a permit at all.

Ok. Status updated to temporarily closed while we wait for someone else to confirm. This may have just been the testing phase.
I think until we see the Supercharger as active on the Tesla navigation system, with real time updates as to how many stalls are currently available, that we won't be able to consider the site fully open.

Just for "shits and giggles" I stopped by the North Bay supercharger as I passed through at about 3:30 this afternoon. Confirming what Moonlit knight told us earlier none of the connector pedestals were illuminated so still NOT activated. Being the obstinate old fart that I am I'll check as I head back to Ottawa on Sunday afternoon.

• Informative
Reactions: Trevlan006
I think until we see the Supercharger as active on the Tesla navigation system, with real time updates as to how many stalls are currently available, that we won't be able to consider the site fully open.
That is always the case, but it isn't the standard supercharge.info operates on, nor should it be. If it were, then supercharge.info would simply be redundant.

Plugshare is an absolute dogs breakfast at the moment. Two pins added, because the first one was set to "restricted" .... so that people wouldn't see it (what's the point)?! Or to hide it from Plugshare admins (tip: that doesn't work)?.

Plus it appears to be on Google Maps as well. Not sure if Google takes a feed from Tesla or another source. That's even more of a problem because people can navigate to Tesla POIs with the in-car navigation.

upload_2019-12-7_13-43-29.png

Well it must of been my lucky day because we were charging Wednesday. Even started a video review for a YouTube channel we follow. I did use Google pro for graphics and rated the site there.

Maybe that's what caused google to change their status?

Trip this Sunday to inaugurate North Bay Supercharger postponed indefinitely until it is officially on line.
When did you schedule a trip to inaugurate North Bay? Also, what about the other chargers, or why not do a round trip back to Ottawa, using Deep River, and maybe check out the new eCamion fast charger in Mattawa?