Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SuperCharger - North Bay, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car nav has looked like this for over a week for all these new sites...
20191218_120153.jpg

Attachments

• 20191218_120153.jpg
    20191218_120153.jpg
    290.5 KB · Views: 95
  • Informative
Reactions: Trevlan006
We assume it needs to be inspected and signed off on by ESA (Electrical Safety Authority) in Ontario. They are government and can move at government speed. It could be out of Tesla's hands? We all know what Ford's position is ............. Buck a beer for all :D and climate change is a hoax. Well at least we have the satisfaction of knowing we have our own Trump; highly educated and smart as a whip. Best of season guys and it appears by the temp this morning that we will have to chill.

That is ausome news! as I frequently travel to Kirkland Lake from the Niagara area Whooo hoo!! thank you Tesla!!
Hi, I make many trips to Kirkland Lake from Ottawa as my son lives there. All in an ICE car so far, looking forward to making the trip in my M3. Do you have a strategy for charging once you make it to Kirkland Lake? In my case, I can charge at my son's house but only off 110 volt. I'm not sure I can rely on the KSI dc fast charger at the Kirkland Lake Tim Horton's.

I hope its up and running in the New Year. I have to drop my daughter off at university there and this would make the trip a lot easier.
We will see I guess.
I know my comments where made a long time ago (way back in late Nov), but the tech I spoke with, on my way out west, did suggest they had another round if testing and that the SC likely wouldn't be online til after Christmas (okay he didn't say it but I deduced it from the conversation).

Hi, I make many trips to Kirkland Lake from Ottawa as my son lives there. All in an ICE car so far, looking forward to making the trip in my M3. Do you have a strategy for charging once you make it to Kirkland Lake? In my case, I can charge at my son's house but only off 110 volt. I'm not sure I can rely on the KSI dc fast charger at the Kirkland Lake Tim Horton's.

KSI chargers are to be ignored.. I've tried many of none of them work. I have to head up north for the holidays this year and unfortunately I'll be renting from Enterprise to get up there. Spoke to someone in New Liskeard today and he confirmed the Tim's KSI charger isn't working... shocker.

Hi,

I think you can travel from Ottawa to Kirkland Lake with your M3 if you have the CHADEMO adapter

Ottawa suppercharger to "Montcerft-Lytton" fast charger = 181 KM
"Montcerft-Lytton" to Louvicourt fast charger = 202 KM
Louvicourt to Rouyn-Noranda fast charger = 142 KM
Rouyn-Noranda to Kirkland Lake = 86KM

Check with plugshare for available charging station

Hi,

I think you can travel from Ottawa to Kirkland Lake with your M3 if you have the CHADEMO adapter

Ottawa suppercharger to "Montcerft-Lytton" fast charger = 181 KM
"Montcerft-Lytton" to Louvicourt fast charger = 202 KM
Louvicourt to Rouyn-Noranda fast charger = 142 KM
Rouyn-Noranda to Kirkland Lake = 86KM

Check with plugshare for available charging station
Hi, I do have a CHADEMO adapter. I'd never considered a Quebec oriented route. Thanks for the info.

Hi, I do have a CHADEMO adapter. I'd never considered a Quebec oriented route. Thanks for the info.

I’ve done Kapuskasing to Ottawa via Québec a few times and found the CircuitElectrique network very reliable and cheaper. It is $11.50 per hour in Québec for fast chargers billed per minute. Apply for the FLO card (Works with CircuitElectrique). Now there are quite a few stations with two CHadeMO chargers in Québec including a newly opened station in Rouyn. You’ll get up to 48 kW from the their 50 kW chargers.

I've had great success with the Circuit Electrique chargers in eastern Quebec. If I could cross over to QC at Mattawa and avoid all the unreliable KSI chargers in ON, I'd have done so in a heartbeat on my trips to Montreal. Unfortunately, Circuit Electrique doesn't really have any chargers along their side of the Ottawa river there. I might have a FLO card somewhere, but I've always just used their app on my phone and had no problems.

Reactions: GarthG