Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - North Canton, OH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see a transformer near the left edge of the picture. Is that for this installation? That would be nice to have it installed ahead of time rather than a month, or two, after everything else is done.
IMG_1117.jpeg

I think you’re onto something, I don’t see it in my shots from September, so I don’t think it’s for anything else. I remember little flags going across the entrance to that area.

No power and covered still, unfortunately. The attendant said he hasn’t heard anything about when this site might be activated.

I’m not sure I noticed before but the last spot is designated for handicap access, pretty cool.
View attachment 1019084
View attachment 1019085
Why would they put a spot for handicap access? It would sit unused most of the time. Anyone capable of driving a car and getting out to plug in can use any of the stalls.

Why would they put a spot for handicap access? It would sit unused most of the time. Anyone capable of driving a car and getting out to plug in can use any of the stalls.
What I noticed more was that there was more space on the side. For vans and such with side access or the ones where seats that swivel out. I think the sign just said “Van Accessible.” I don’t think it was marked on the ground as handicap only. The document @ItsNotAboutTheMoney added is helpful and shows what I was thinking of 🙂

Reactions: cdswm3
I drive passed these every day. Thought it was crazy they haven’t opened then saw the Destin superchargers went from nothing to basically ready in three weeks. This install seems to have taken so long (still taking…)

I drive passed these every day. Thought it was crazy they haven’t opened then saw the Destin superchargers went from nothing to basically ready in three weeks. This install seems to have taken so long (still taking…)
Thanks for the update, good to have someone local! 😃 Keep us posted! (I’m just not as local at the moment unfortunately.)
Did you see how the turnpike ones went? They had to redo a bunch of concrete and stuff, it was excruciating to watch. Months of waiting 😳

Nothing crazy but the latest news from the local Facebook group is that not open yet, unfortunately. They're still covered and waiting on Tesla to activate them based on calls with the GetGo employees.
Just wanted to share what I could find. The post was within the last day. (It's a private group so I covered some names in case people want to stay anonymous.)
Screenshot 2024-03-20 at 00.18.05.png

• Informative
Reactions: nccars
Nothing crazy but the latest news from the local Facebook group is that not open yet, unfortunately. They're still covered and waiting on Tesla to activate them based on calls with the GetGo employees.
Just wanted to share what I could find. The post was within the last day. (It's a private group so I covered some names in case people want to stay anonymous.)
View attachment 1029850
I haven’t even seen anyone near them in it feels like a month. A couple of times i saw them being looked at in the morning but I have seen zero activity

Also, I’m in and out of this getgo all the time. The employees are super nice…but have very little interest / knowledge in the goings on if these chargers

• Informative
Reactions: Tezla041
I haven’t even seen anyone near them in it feels like a month. A couple of times i saw them being looked at in the morning but I have seen zero activity

Also, I’m in and out of this getgo all the time. The employees are super nice…but have very little interest / knowledge in the goings on if these chargers
That's a bummer they haven't had any news and stinks that they don't have much interest. Thank you for the update! It's good to hear something 🙂

That's a bummer they haven't had any news and stinks that they don't have much interest. Thank you for the update! It's good to hear something 🙂
Finally some movement! I talked to the Tesla technicians. They’re installing some new meters to support the non Tesla charging. Sounded at first like they’d be up today, then down tomorrow. He said for sure within one week

Attachments

• 0F66B89A-D359-456E-9A08-3DB8A3EB20BA.jpeg
    0F66B89A-D359-456E-9A08-3DB8A3EB20BA.jpeg
    493.9 KB · Views: 9