Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Oakhurst, CA (LIVE Feb 2022, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
e7b6cd26-c6bd-4f1d-b054-66d66b478c63-jpeg.764832

I wonder why they are still opening these put straight in stalls with the CyberTruck coming. I saw a few new Superchargers opening after they announced the cT where one stall was extra wide, I assume that was for the cT, but especially here in the boonies they will likely have more than a few of them, but only two end spaces for them to charge at and only if no one is in the non-charging space next to it?

Reactions: Yonki
I wonder why they are still opening these put straight in stalls with the CyberTruck coming. I saw a few new Superchargers opening after they announced the cT where one stall was extra wide, I assume that was for the cT, but especially here in the boonies they will likely have more than a few of them, but only two end spaces for them to charge at and only if no one is in the non-charging space next to it?
I don't think the CT is much wider than the Model X, I think I'm seeing 79.8" vs 78.7" without mirrors? The difference in length is larger, and may make maneuvering into tight spaces harder. But I'd guess most spaces that are "easy" for a Model X should also fit a CT less easily.

I've been worried this would start to happen. A cable with connector might go for $200 on ebay.

As there’s basically no legitimate way for someone to have one of these, I can’t imagine anyone would have the balls/patience to try and move one like that.

Much more likely it was stripped down to bare copper in a matter of minutes, turned into $10 at the metal recycler, and redeemed for a small quantity of the mountain community’s finest small batch meths shortly thereafter.

Last edited:
Indeed they did, complete with upgraded security. Some sort of temporary solar powered wireless camera/alarm setup parked onsite.

Kudos to Tesla for the amazing turnaround on the repair. Site’s open, I was able to charge for a few minutes despite a cold nearly full battery.

View attachment 766243

View attachment 766245
Clever by Tesla. Offer the thieves something more valuable than the copper in the cables.

The lack of security at SCs has always bothered me. I feel unsafe charging in a deserted parking lot at night. I'd like to see cameras at all of them.

This problem could be dealt with by a tamper detection circuit in the cable - a low power wire loop going out to the head and back. If its cut, a loud alarm would deter the thieves trying a second time, and could trigger a Sentry Mode-like alert to Tesla to check the video.

• Love
Reactions: goldengate
Remember too that these CTs will often being towing, especially in areas like this. Tesla really needs some pull through plugs at each station
This is a misconception. Just because its a truck and there will be a lot of exciting people to get the CT, the fact is only a small minority (probably less 1%) will actually tow with their CT. This is true with ICE trucks right now and therefore would not be any different when EV trucks hit the road.

With that said, I agree there probably still needs to be some accommodation at supechargers for those towing a trailer but just not at the level you think.

The lack of security at SCs has always bothered me. I feel unsafe charging in a deserted parking lot at night. I'd like to see cameras at all of them.
Cameras are really security theater from my perspective and do next to nothing to maintain safety.

I agree this supercharger is kinda sketch, at the very back corner of a fenced in parking lot with limited ingress/egress (the razor wire separating it from the equipment yard next door is classy too). It's very quiet, particularly at this time of year when hotel occupancy is low. I'm sure it will be busier during tourist season.