Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Oklahoma City, OK - NE 36th St

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Guacahummus

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2020
Tex 📐
1692021368356.png

1692021471275.png

https://access.okc.gov/aca/Cap/Cap...pID3=05695&agencyCode=OKC&IsToShowInspection=

TESLA EV STATION NE 36th Street
INSTALL (4) TESLA PRE-ASSEMBLED SUPERCHARGER UNITS EACH WITH (1) SUPERCHARGER CABINET, (1) 600A SERVICE DISCONNECT & (4) CHARGE POSTS · INSTALL (1) SERVICE ENTRANCE RATED DISTRIBUTION PANEL · INSTALL (12) TESLA LEVEL 2 CHARGERS AND SUPPORTING ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT · INSTALL (1) PAD MOUNTED UTILITY TRANSFORMER (TO BE SIZED BY UTILITY)

YES!!! Looks like Tesla is getting serious about an Oklahoma expansion.
It's not happening until there's construction. Need. Orange. Cone.

Hoping for more builds in outlying areas. Hoping for a Lawton build.
Aren't we* all? I mean, I-44 splitter, US-62, US-277, US-281. Who wouldn't want one there?

* Supercharger nerds and Tesla owners who drive in Oklahoma.

So I'm not just being selfish because I have family there? It actually IS a very strategic location right? That's what I've thought for a year now.
Lawton, OK? Noooo. Not selfish. Selfish would be saying Tesla should put it there before a V3 OKC and Henryetta, OK.
You might also say Wichita Falls, TX should come ahead of Lawton, OK, but:
- Wichita Falls, TX to OKC is 135 miles so it needs a splitter anyway, Lawton, OK is the biggest place between the two (90k) and would split about 50/85.
- Tesla has Vernon, TX on the map for 2023Q4 which would make a Wichita Falls, TX less beneficial.
- If they then added Seymour, TX, that's is 100 mile from Lawton, OK and would connect Abilene, TX to Wichita Falls, TX _plus_ make a more distant (170 miles) connect to Lubbock.

This is great news. This location is at a brand new Homeland that was built in 2021 to alleviate a USDA declared "food desert" area. It's just North of the state capitol and very reachable from I-44 and I-35.

It should help the OKC I-40 charger load. As I've been checking Ardmore's status daily, I've noticed the I-40 OKC charger has had long wait times for 6 days in a row, multiple times a day. I suspect the Tesla rental cars at Will Rogers airport just South are not helping.

Oklahoma City - NE 36th St, OK

Host Type: Grocery Store
Host: Homeland
Along Primary Interstates: I-35, I-40, I-44
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-62, US-77, US-270
Along Auxiliary Interstates: I-235

I-35

From: Oklahoma City - W Sheridan Ave, OK - 5.2 miles (Permit)
To: Perry, OK (v2) - 57.9 miles
Diversion: -0.2 miles
To: Wichita, KS (v2) - 150.3 miles

I-40

From: Oklahoma City - W Sheridan Ave, OK - 7.7 miles (Permit)
To: Van Buren, AR - 187.9 miles
Diversion: 8.1 miles
To: Ozark, AR - 217.2 miles

I-44

From: Oklahoma City - W Sheridan Ave, OK - 12.4 miles (Permit) (distance following I-44)
To: Tulsa, OK - 99.8 miles
Diversion: 3.1 miles
To: Catoosa, OK (v2) - 114.4 miles

US-62

To: Lowell, AR - 251.1 miles
Diversion: 8.7 miles
To: Miner, MO (v2) - 606.2 miles

US-77

From: Oklahoma City - W Sheridan Ave, OK - 5.2 miles (Permit)
To: Perry, OK (v2) - 63.4 miles
Diversion: 1.6 miles
To: Lincoln - West O St, NE - 437.3 miles

US-270

From: Oklahoma City - W Sheridan Ave, OK - 7.7 miles (Permit)
To: End (I-530/US-65 nw of Pine Bluff, AR) - 386.8 miles
Diversion: 8.8 miles

Triple Alternative Splitter! Also seems better for travel through on I-35 or I-44 than the W Sheridan Ave location.

On I-35 splits 155.2 miles, 99.4 miles from Ardmore, OK, 57.9 miles to Perry, OK. That's #6 on the list.
On I-40 pathetically splits 194.4 miles, 14.5 miles from Oklahoma City, OK, 187.9 miles to Van Buren, AR. That's #2 on the list.
On I-44 splits 242.1 miles, 144.3 miles from Wichita Falls, TX, 99.8 miles to Tulsa, OK. That's #1 on the list.

Reactions: DTX720
Yeah.. What's up with this L2 chargers? Are these "Destination" chargers like the one I charge with at home? I am not understanding why they're not all V3.

That's exactly what they are. Think employee charging and customers eating Leo's BBQ inside the Homeland. Speed is not needed if you're there working all day and it keeps them working instead of running out to disconnect to avoid fees. Very forward thinking. More businesses need to think this way.

That's exactly what they are. Think employee charging and customers eating Leo's BBQ inside the Homeland. Speed is not needed if you're there working all day and it keeps them working instead of running out to disconnect to avoid fees. Very forward thinking. More businesses need to think this way.
We desperately need more destination chargers at locations where people spend at least a few hours. I hope with the new Universal Wall Connector we see a push for more and bigger installs with reasonable billing per kWh. I imagine $0.10-0.15 per kWh would make the install cost neutral in a short period for the host.

We desperately need more destination chargers at locations where people spend at least a few hours.

I agree completely.

Sidebar, we charged at the Grapevine charger yesterday before going to Pappadeaux. It was TOTALLY empty @ 10am. So was the new one a few blocks West. I almost checked the news feeds to see if the world had come to an end and we missed it. That was a first.