Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger only gave 60KW in Gordano, UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was charging a 2014 MS 85 at Gordano service station on the M5 earlier today and found that the unit was delivering 60KW.... is that normal? There were 8 charging bays and only one other was in use.... my SOC was about 60%

What is the expected rate of power delivery and would a 2017 MS charge faster than a 2014 MS?

Thanks
Andrew

I was charging a 2014 MS 85 at Gordano service station on the M5 earlier today and found that the unit was delivering 60KW.... is that normal? There were 8 charging bays and only one other was in use.... my SOC was about 60%

What is the expected rate of power delivery and would a 2017 MS charge faster than a 2014 MS?

Thanks
Andrew
Here's an easy rule of thumb that is very accurate for those 85kWh packs that shows how the charging rate slows down as the battery gets more full. Add together the kW number and the state of charge % number. They will stay around 120-125 or so throughout all of the charging. Some of the other 75, 100, etc. batteries have different tapering curves and not as obvious of a linear tradeoff like that, but for the 85 ones, that is very consistent.

Here's an easy rule of thumb that is very accurate for those 85kWh packs that shows how the charging rate slows down as the battery gets more full. Add together the kW number and the state of charge % number. They will stay around 120-125 or so throughout all of the charging. Some of the other 75, 100, etc. batteries have different tapering curves and not as obvious of a linear tradeoff like that, but for the 85 ones, that is very consistent.
That's easy to remember - thanks
Andrew