Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Orleans, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A couple of updates.

I've seen the construction mockups and the permit. Pic of the mockup below:

fullsizeoutput_52a7.jpeg

If built, this would be in far end of the parking lot. A G map below with the approximate location (yellow arrow):

Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 3.39.25 PM.jpg

Convenient(ish) to get to S&S but a hike for anything else (Windmill Liquors, Knack, etc...).

I have calls in to S&S and the design firm to check on timelines...

A couple of updates.

View attachment 421349

If built, this would be in far end of the parking lot. A G map below with the approximate location (yellow arrow):

View attachment 421356

Convenient(ish) to get to S&S but a hike for anything else (Windmill Liquors, Knack, etc...).

Thanks for doing the research on this! I’ll be driving over to the Stop & Shop later today and will scope out that back area of the parking lot.

A couple of updates.

View attachment 421349

View attachment 421356

Yes thanks a bunch for the images! I see 12 superchargers in the rendering when I thought there were only going to be 8... I may be mis-remembering though..

Would be nicer to have them closer to the front of the store but I'm sure the wiring and routing to transformer/switchgear was what drove the location

Reactions: StevenM
Yes thanks a bunch for the images! I see 12 superchargers in the rendering when I thought there were only going to be 8... I may be mis-remembering though..

Would be nicer to have them closer to the front of the store but I'm sure the wiring and routing to transformer/switchgear was what drove the location
IMHO, it's better to have them at an inconvenient location to minimize ICEing. I don't mind walking, but hate people ICEing chargers.

So I was at the Stop & Shop this weekend but never had a chance to take photos of the proposed location of the superchargers. But there really is absolutely no activity at all so nothing to really take a photo of.

However what I can report is that it does appear there is a walkable path between the superchargers and the Cape Escape mini golf course. I didn’t walk the path myself but from what I could see it does appear to be passable. Here’s a panoramic shot I took while playing at Cape Escape:

87FCCC16-4D76-4E4A-9620-BABFC9B1BF78.jpeg

The building on the left is the back of the Stop & Shop. You can walk from there along the back edge of Cape Escape and emerge on Canal Rd around the 3rd hole on the course as illustrated here:

011480E5-5679-4ACB-A4EB-AFE2E0EAECE5.jpeg

So I was at the Stop & Shop this weekend but never had a chance to take photos of the proposed location of the superchargers. But there really is absolutely no activity at all so nothing to really take a photo of.

However what I can report is that it does appear there is a walkable path between the superchargers and the Cape Escape mini golf course. I didn’t walk the path myself but from what I could see it does appear to be passable. Here’s a panoramic shot I took while playing at Cape Escape:

View attachment 424131

The building on the left is the back of the Stop & Shop. You can walk from there along the back edge of Cape Escape and emerge on Canal Rd around the 3rd hole on the course as illustrated here:

View attachment 424132

That's an excellent idea! Get a round of mini-golf during the charge. :)

There's never, ever been a reason to get back to any business on that road if you were parking at Stop & Shop so the concept of a path for any of those business owners would not even enter into their minds. But (potentially, eventually) now there would be an excellent one! I know the owners of Cape Escape and tell them to keep an eye out for construction.

Reactions: PoitNarf