Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ozona, TX - 14th St

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ozona - 14th St, TX

Host Type: Restaurant
Host: Sonic
Along Primary Interstates: I-10
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-10

To: Ozona, TX (v2) - 0.5 miles
Diversion: 0.2 miles
To: Junction, TX (v2) - 90.5 miles

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod
I wonder if this will come out the way things happened at Van Horn - open the new and close the old. I never heard of any motel problems at Ozona nor did I ever have problems using the rest rooms. Will be nice to have some eats while charging.
i have heard of problems there (with the motel operator) and i can attest that it is a bit of a walk (without sidewalks) to food

Issues at the existing hotel charger were caused by rude conduct by early charging patrons. That hotel gets nothing from Tesla.
I've had conversations with the owner family for years. The polite thing to do there is to kindly ask permission to use the restrooms.
They don't have to allow access - and they do appreciate good manners. Perhaps purchase a drink or a snack.

The new location: easy on and off the freeway. If we're lucky we'll get the first gen 4 on I-10, eh? Parking lot looks marginal - not much room there. No sign of construction. Good food option is to purchase elsewhere and then go charge. Maybe this will be a trigger for Sonic to upgrade - hope so.

EA fast charger is a short walk - i tried a couple of times to charge there with my adapter - no joy either time. Chargers would not activate.

Issues at the existing hotel charger were caused by rude conduct by early charging patrons. That hotel gets nothing from Tesla.
I've had conversations with the owner family for years. The polite thing to do there is to kindly ask permission to use the restrooms.
They don't have to allow access - and they do appreciate good manners. Perhaps purchase a drink or a snack.

The new location: easy on and off the freeway. If we're lucky we'll get the first gen 4 on I-10, eh? Parking lot looks marginal - not much room there. No sign of construction. Good food option is to purchase elsewhere and then go charge. Maybe this will be a trigger for Sonic to upgrade - hope so.

EA fast charger is a short walk - i tried a couple of times to charge there with my adapter - no joy either time. Chargers would not activate.
The folks at that hotel were always so nice every time I stopped there. It’s a pity that the entitled few spoil it for the rest of us.

Progress! There IS a drive-through here.
Plenty of room.
IMG_1337.jpeg