Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Panama City Beach, FL

Bhutchi473

Aug 15, 2020
Destin, FL
When you get a chance, how about taking some photos of the parking situation so we can get a better idea of your concern.

By the way, the Tesla Charging Station permit has advanced from Plan Review to Issued.

Thanks for the recon.

Larry

Hi Larry,

took some photos today, 8/15/20 (see uploaded). Looks like they just need to flip the switch.

ChrisC

see signature
Apr 27, 2009
Atlanta, GA
A photo from this afternoon from an Atlanta-area owner, showing the entire site, fencing down, meter in place, ready to go:

PCB.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: mociaf9

ChrisC

see signature
Apr 27, 2009
Atlanta, GA
It's not online yet. Watch the navigation system in your car -- it will typically appear there within hours of going online. Do NOT count on the Tesla website -- that can take weeks or even months to get updated.

Reactions: Denny_Camp

Bbdpt22

Aug 17, 2020
Panama City, FL
Charge cables communicate with car and opened charge port. However it was stuck on “Ready to Charge.” Shouldn’t be long now though! I’m stoked, I’ve been tweeting Musk for a year now about a PCB charger.

Reactions: Denny_Camp

larryj

Jul 29, 2018
Atlanta
I’ll be in the area for a few days beginning on 8/29. It sounds promising that it will be operational by then. Is there a typical pattern for how long it takes a SC station to go live once they get to the point this one is at or does it vary?

Stevebode

Aug 14, 2020
J
That is the busy bee transformer and meter not the Tesla transformer. The Tesla transformer is on the right behind the cone

Stevebode

Aug 14, 2020
J
That is the busy bee transformer and meter not the Tesla transformer. The Tesla transformer is on the right behind the cone
Sorry for the confusion but this reply is for the early picture. Not the picture I posted. Hopefully meter will be installed this week

brownsinfl

Aug 21, 2020
Pensacola, FL
Hi. I'm planning a trip to Panama City tomorrow. Probably too much to hope for that this Supercharger will be open by then. But nice to see anyway. Tesla has been "advertising" a Supercharger for Pensacola for a couple years now. But nothing so far.

Denny_Camp

Oct 4, 2019
Huntsville Alabama
Hi. I'm planning a trip to Panama City tomorrow. Probably too much to hope for that this Supercharger will be open by then. But nice to see anyway. Tesla has been "advertising" a Supercharger for Pensacola for a couple years now. But nothing so far.
I just checked the map in my M3. PCB supercharger does not show up yet. Tesla has real time data on the maps for superchargers as far as number of chargers available, so I’m hoping that they are as efficient adding new stations.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC