Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Parkersburg, WV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yay! Another WV supercharger to be blocked by ice-holes.... Hopefully those in the area are more progressive.

Although there are often some ICE vehicles parked at the Sheetz Superchargers, I've never had a problem finding an empty, unpaired stall to charge. Also note that many of the stalls are labeled "10 minute general parking", so most of the ICE parkers are not violating the Sheetz parking regs. I suspect as the West Virginia superchargers get busier the number of ICE parkers will decrease.

Reactions: chateauoaks
Just noticed this one went live on the Tesla map! Also updated on supercharge.info.

upload_2019-3-6_13-4-12.png

Stopped at the Parkersburg charger tonight. Very nice having this charger up and running. If I read the meter correctly, I appear to be the first car that charged for any length of time.

A couple quick notes, if traveling east on US 50, and getting off at Staunton Turnpike, you will want to make a left on a side street just before the stop light for 7th St. If you go up to 7th St you have to basically circle the building to get to an entrance you can use. Also, the doors on the side of the building facing the chargers are locked starting at 10 pm.

Stopped at the Parkersburg charger tonight. Very nice having this charger up and running. If I read the meter correctly, I appear to be the first car that charged for any length of time.

A couple quick notes, if traveling east on US 50, and getting off at Staunton Turnpike, you will want to make a left on a side street just before the stop light for 7th St. If you go up to 7th St you have to basically circle the building to get to an entrance you can use. Also, the doors on the side of the building facing the chargers are locked starting at 10 pm.
Really? Is it actually possible that you were the first within 3 days of activation? Usually, it’s a race to the death for the first user. Right PLUS EV?

Really? Is it actually possible that you were the first within 3 days of activation? Usually, it’s a race to the death for the first user. Right PLUS EV?

I know it sounds strange for one to not be used for a couple of days, but even though there were a few of us looking towards this charger to get off the I70 route, I'm not sure how many people really use the US 50 route.

Cambridge, OH to Charleston, WV is less than 140 miles, most traveling between them may opt to skip this charger since they have to detour off of I77 a few miles. Most going to or from Cincy are pushing 200 miles to make it to Parkersburg, very doable with some batteries, but out of range for the smaller packs. The Chillicothe charger listed as coming in 2019 would help close that gap. I went looking for it this weekend and didn't find any evidence of one under construction yet. I'll keep checking every few weeks.

• Helpful
Reactions: BlueRidgeksky
I know it sounds strange for one to not be used for a couple of days, but even though there were a few of us looking towards this charger to get off the I70 route, I'm not sure how many people really use the US 50 route.

Cambridge, OH to Charleston, WV is less than 140 miles, most traveling between them may opt to skip this charger since they have to detour off of I77 a few miles. Most going to or from Cincy are pushing 200 miles to make it to Parkersburg, very doable with some batteries, but out of range for the smaller packs. The Chillicothe charger listed as coming in 2019 would help close that gap. I went looking for it this weekend and didn't find any evidence of one under construction yet. I'll keep checking every few weeks.

I'm excited about Chiilicothe as well. Going from Columbus to Charleston is very iffy with a 75 battery in cold weather. I just made the trip Thursday and left home in Columbus with a full charge but still had to stop in Grove City for about 15 minutes because my trip estimator was showing an arrival at Charleston with 5%, and there is simply no place to even top off on that route. I felt a little silly plugging into a Supercharger with about 90% left, but I needed to as I would have arrived at Charleston with only 6-8 miles left without topping off (or slowing down considerably).

Reactions: BlueRidgeksky