Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pleasanton, CA - Johnson Dr. (LIVE 30 Apr 2019, 10 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New chargers show up on the map when your car downloads a new version of the data file. Not all cars will download it at the same time. This is independent of software or map data updates.

Bruce.

Thanks Bruce. Is it location based, as in the data for your locale is updated more frequently?

FWIW, it also showed up on the phone App. I opened it this morning and it showed 10 of 10 stalls available at Pleasanton:D, and 3 of 14 available at Dublin.:mad:

Come to think of it I did press the entry on the phone app and that send the info/routing to my cars nav. I wonder if that caused a data update.

Thanks Bruce. Is it location based, as in the data for your locale is updated more frequently?

FWIW, it also showed up on the phone App. I opened it this morning and it showed 10 of 10 stalls available at Pleasanton:D, and 3 of 14 available at Dublin.:mad:

Come to think of it I did press the entry on the phone app and that send the info/routing to my cars nav. I wonder if that caused a data update.

My understanding is that there's only one data file for all cars, but I'm not sure. I don't think it makes sense to do customized charger data files based on location, because the data doesn't change that frequently. The data that shows up in the mobile app comes from the back-end Tesla API servers. I have a feeling there really isn't a causal connection between the two, but I have no evidence one way or the other.

Bruce.

PS. Still need to find time to get my touch-and-go charge there. @Randy Spencer if you're around this week, you can probably get over there before me and beat me to a bright green square on the Supercharger leaderboard. :) (Assuming nobody in the game has gotten there already.)

• Love
Reactions: israndy
My wife was in the area today so she stopped for a quickie. Sorry, she did Taco Bell instead of In-N-Out.
Looks like the word is out.

betty.jpeg

@Randy Spencer if you're around this week, you can probably get over there before me and beat me to a bright green square on the Supercharger leaderboard. :)
You know I did!

I also had just gotten 12.1.1 so I was hoping to test the speed of the Supercharging. Drove all the way from the cabin so I would be empty when I got there and didn't notice it was another 72kW Urban charger. Dang. So I charged for 3 minutes and drove home to my Supercharger and got the 145+kW charge rate, 2-80% in just over 30 minutes, 256 miles added.

Now I wonder if there isn't gonna be a way for those of us Supercharger Hunters to turn OFF the battery pre-heat as we head to a touch and go. Not sure how much power it wastes in heating the battery, but if I don't need to waste it I would prefer that.

-Randy

Reactions: jboy210 and bmah
You know I did!

Awesome. I just drove over here and had a burger at In n Out. :). Charging with a Model 3 and a Tesla Mobile Service Model S.

I also had just gotten 12.1.1 so I was hoping to test the speed of the Supercharging. Drove all the way from the cabin so I would be empty when I got there and didn't notice it was another 72kW Urban charger. Dang. So I charged for 3 minutes and drove home to my Supercharger and got the 145+kW charge rate, 2-80% in just over 30 minutes, 256 miles added.

Now I wonder if there isn't gonna be a way for those of us Supercharger Hunters to turn OFF the battery pre-heat as we head to a touch and go. Not sure how much power it wastes in heating the battery, but if I don't need to waste it I would prefer that.

-Randy

Somehow I don’t think they had this use case in mind when they designed that feature!

Bruce.

• Funny
Reactions: mociaf9
I think you can just put navigation destination near supercharger, not the supercharger itself....

Also I think it can use waste heat from motor(s) to heat battery....

Bruce, Need a picture of you eating the burger, or it did not happen.;)

Jerry

P.S where is this Supercharger leaderboard?

Haha. I had a hunch you’d ask for that. I didn’t want my car smelling like hamburger, so I ate inside the restaurant. I got this though...

D16F9735-DA42-40A3-B82C-A63647145C80.jpeg

My cheeseburger is in the foreground. If you look in the background, across the street to the chargers, the silver Model S is mine. Good enough? :) (I am pretty sure some of the other In N Out patrons were staring at me as I tried to take this photo.)

For the leaderboard, look for a Wiki thread here on TMC called “Most Superchargers Visited”.

Bruce.

Haha. I had a hunch you’d ask for that. I didn’t want my car smelling like hamburger, so I ate inside the restaurant. I got this though...

View attachment 403734

My cheeseburger is in the foreground. If you look in the background, across the street to the chargers, the silver Model S is mine. Good enough? :) (I am pretty sure some of the other In N Out patrons were staring at me as I tried to take this photo.)

For the leaderboard, look for a Wiki thread here on TMC called “Most Superchargers Visited”.

Bruce.
I can see the panel gaps from here!

• Funny
Reactions: israndy and bmah

View attachment 403734

Bruce.

Thanks Bruce!:D You had me in tears laughing.

Reactions: bmah
We stopped by this afternoon, enough urban charger spaces although access to the area is complicated with no direct entrance or exits. In front of a busy home depot and across the street from the In and out. We elected instead to get the customary plug in credit to count charging here and then proceeded over to the barnes and noble bookstore and then had a enjoyable lunch at the 5 guys burger a few blocks away. Saw too many Teslas to count along the way.