Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Poncha Springs, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm hoping they do a Grand Opening -- we'd drive up for that.
Tesla doesn't typically hold any event unless the Supercharger is located by a gallery or service center. Owner clubs often hold unofficial ceremonies so you might hear about some owners planning a visit. We'll be heading to this one early in 2018 but haven't heard of any club organized ceremonies yet.

Reactions: ThisIsTrue
What!!! Is there a Colorado Club??? There are Clubs in Colorado Springs and Denver. Are you near either of those? My club, the Colorado Springs Electric Vehicle Club, is the largest EV Club in this 7-state area. We passed 100 members months ago. For Denver, you can search for the Denver Tesla Club. We are:
Colorado Springs EV Club
Half our members do not even live in CS.
We MIGHT do a supercharger opening event but it is in the middle of winter and it is DAMN COLD.

Yeah, I'm well aware of the Denver club. I'm 6 hours away from Denver, and have never lived in Denver. With a name like "Denver" (or "Colorado Springs") I don't feel invited to be a part of it. There really needs to be a <i>Colorado</i> Tesla Club, IMHO, for the many hundreds of us owners (and, heck, wanna-be owners) in the state, but not those specific locations within the state. I know of five Tesla owners in tiny Ouray County, but we sure don't identify ourselves as Denverites.

Reactions: dgpcolorado
Yeah, I'm well aware of the Denver club. I'm 6 hours away from Denver, and have never lived in Denver. With a name like "Denver" (or "Colorado Springs") I don't feel invited to be a part of it. There really needs to be a <i>Colorado</i> Tesla Club, IMHO, for the many hundreds of us owners (and, heck, wanna-be owners) in the state, but not those specific locations within the state. I know of five Tesla owners in tiny Ouray County, but we sure don't identify ourselves as Denverites.

Agreed <from Grand Junction>. There are multiple owners here that would goof around in a Colorado club.

What!!! Is there a Colorado Club??? There are Clubs in Colorado Springs and Denver. Are you near either of those? My club, the Colorado Springs Electric Vehicle Club, is the largest EV Club in this 7-state area. We passed 100 members months ago. For Denver, you can search for the Denver Tesla Club. We are:
Colorado Springs EV Club
Half our members do not even live in CS.
We MIGHT do a supercharger opening event but it is in the middle of winter and it is DAMN COLD.

Oh cool, I hadn't heard of them!

Sadly I will miss the Denver club meetup at Colorado Detail as I will be in Steamboat for the weekend. Which is doubly disappointing since they wrapped my X just a few months ago!

Reactions: masamitsu
20180117_124552[1].jpg
20180117_124654.jpg

Hey! Poncha Springs is coming along nicely! Charley Andreasen posted these photos over at the Colorado Springs Electric Vehicle Club,
CSEVC.COM. Thanks Charley!
You can clearly see that there is a TRANSFORMER missing.

Attachments

• 20180117_124611.jpg
    20180117_124611.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Great news tvcraig. Do you see any evidence that the power lines have been installed? They were to have brought the lines in from the east along the south side of the road and across the road at the transformer. If they have run the power lines, there should have been some visible evidence of the ground/road being disturbed.

We visited the site today and the power is now supplied to the transformer. It is humming and was warm to the touch. The meter is installed and working, showing the correct time but reading 000000 which implies the system has not yet been activated. I suspect that it is ready for Tesla to do their thing, check it out, verify proper operation and turn it on. It has to be close.