Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Portsmouth, RI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Site plans for this project surfaced today - found by Marco. These were either uploaded recently, or perhaps google just took a while to index them as I've been monitoring this site for ZBA approval pretty much daily for the past few months. Tesla next comes before the zoning board on Thursday 8/18. Not sure if this meeting has the potential for final approval since Portsmouth RI has not been posting written minutes to ZBA meetings in some time, nor have they been uploading the video recordings.

1660257481432.png

1660257505190.png

1660257580783.png

I used to live near Portsmouth, RI in Fall River, MA. I commuted back in my college years from Fall River, MA to work in the Staples in Middletown, RI. I miss the area. Used to go squid fishing there on Goat Island in Newport at night in early spring. I miss the area. Things changed so much within a decade.

FYI this is still unresolved, and returning before the zoning board September. The outstanding item is a traffic study that was supposed to have been done 10 years ago after the site was first built. The traffic study is a condition of the original zoning change, and must be completed before the ZB is willing to approve this change of use (which they appear ready to do once it's completed).

• Informative
Reactions: P100DL ! and kayak1
FYI this is still unresolved, and returning before the zoning board September. The outstanding item is a traffic study that was supposed to have been done 10 years ago after the site was first built. The traffic study is a condition of the original zoning change, and must be completed before the ZB is willing to approve this change of use (which they appear ready to do once it's completed).
While this was punted to the September meeting, it's not on tonight's agenda. I have to assume the traffic study has not been completed, and thus they are not prepared to come before the ZBR for approval. Maybe next month...

Reactions: P100DL !
Hey all,

Saw a previous thread about a supercharger being planned for Portsmouth Rhode Island at a neon marketplace, and it looked like progress had been made by the town last September.

Wondering if anyone can provide an update on this? Cannot seem to find anything on this anywhere besides the thread I found here.

I live on the island and it is challenging to charge sometimes.

Hopefully it will begin construction soon... I think all the paperwork is likely done, and it's just a matter of the contractor squeezing it into the long list of other projects already underway and/or planned. They are working in Vernon, CT and two sites in Framingham, MA at the moment and possibly still polishing off a supercharger at the new Neon under construction not far from the existing East Greenwich, RI supercharger. They also recently wrapped up Danvers, MA and Manchester, NH.

Note: there has been some equipment related to the supercharger project onsite at this location for a bit now - I think delivered prematurely. Not sure if it was collected, or is still there.

Last edited:
Reactions: P100DL !
Looks like we have a duplicate thread in need of merging.

Update from today, again courtesy of @JER_1. I believe the the word is there is about another week worth of work there to complete the site. Then it will be in the hands of the utility to install the transformer, and then for Tesla to complete the commissioning. Transformer installation can take a long time sometimes....

IMG_8249.jpeg