Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Prairie Du Chien, WI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would it be possible to get some pictures to verify the exact location and to earn a cone or whatever we call it now on supercharge.info ?
Here it is!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 12.58.23 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 12.58.23 PM.png
    2 MB · Views: 225
Reactions: starman27 and EV3_
😂 you’re not paranoid. It does seem like Wisconsin sites drag on longer than many other states. But most likely it’s just that we are paying more attention to our region than what’s going on in other areas. The Preassembled Supercharger Units we’re supposed to speed up the on site construction process. In some specific cases there have very fast site builds, but that seems to be the exception rather than the norm.

Reactions: Raisin45567
Am I a paranoid or does it seem like Wisco supercharger implementation (from permit to opening) is less speedy than in other states?

😂 you’re not paranoid. It does seem like Wisconsin sites drag on longer than many other states. But most likely it’s just that we are paying more attention to our region than what’s going on in other areas. The Preassembled Supercharger Units we’re supposed to speed up the on site construction process. In some specific cases there have very fast site builds, but that seems to be the exception rather than the norm.
Ah-ha-ha! Go to supercharger.info, click on the Charts tab, and scroll down to the bottom two charts. These show the length of time all the sites currently in Permitted and Construction phases have been in those states. There are some/several that have been under construction for over a year, and some that have been permitted and awaiting construction for nearly three years. Granted, several of those stuck in permitting purgatory were probably canceled for any number of reasons. I agree with @DMC5180, though, that it probably just seems like it's slower in WI because we're watching it. There are a zillion factors that affect the speed of the timeline, many of which Tesla has no control over. I think the overall rate of SC construction is faster nowadays than it was, say, six or eight years ago.

Fun tidbit: Google recently updated Street View images for this area taken 1 month ago. They just happened to capture the early stages of construction with the new SuC & parking area. Don’t be fooled, this site is essentially complete now waiting for commissioning.

View attachment 952135
I was showing this to someone the other day as we were figuring out where they were going to be. I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw this on google maps! I have a trip up there scheduled, but I'm waiting for the site to go live. How are we fixed for spies to let us know when commissioning is imminent?