Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Princeton, WV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As an officer in West Virginia Electric Auto Associaton (WVEAA), I'd like to propose a meetup at the new Princeton, West Virginia Tesla supercharger in a few weeks to celebrate opening of the 12th supercharger in West Virginia. The proposed meetup will be Saturday, March 5 at NOON. Most of these in-person meetups last about 1 to 1-1/2 hours, and mostly give folks a chance to check out and talk about their cars. The weather should be a little warmer by that week-end, and the coffee should be strong and hot. I will be there, and Larry from Poca, WV has promised to attend. The new Princeton supercharge is in the parking lot of a Starbucks cafe. There is a local diner, a couple fast food restaurants and a West Virginia State Police station a few steps from the supercharger.

Anyone is welcome to attend with or without an electric vehicle. If you have a non-Tesla EV, you will not be able to charge at this location. According to Plugshare, the nearest CCS/ChaDeMo station seems to be an 4-plug EVgo 50 kW station in Blacksburg, VA, about 50 miles to the southeast.

This event will be announced on the West Virginia Electric Auto Association web site, facebook page and list server. There are no fees, and the WVEAA will not solicit any funds or donations for membership, as the club doesn't charge membership dues. This event provides a chance to meet fellow EV drivers and share opinions, questions and ideas about electric vehicles,

WVEAA does have a very limit set of ground rules for our online and in-person activities that we think everyone can live with:

WVEAA group ground rules:
1. Be respectful.
2. Keep discussions focused on electric vehicles.
3. No advertising.

If you have any questions, please send me a private message through TMC.

Hope to see folks in March,

Marty for the WVEAA

South Charleston, West Virginia

I’m a tesla owner living In Princeton wv, I passed by the chargers today and i don’t believe they are open yet. Still some covers on the big white boxes. But the fencing and caution tape is down so you can pull right up to them. However there are still some wires in conduit running out of a pad of concrete directly beside the line of chargers.
West Virginia Electric Auto Association is having a meetup at the Princeton Supercharger on Saturday, March 5, NOON. I drive a Chevy Bolt EV and
live nearby and plan to be there. -Jon A.

Reactions: WVhybrid and RTPEV
West Virginia Electric Auto Association is having a meetup at the Princeton Supercharger on Saturday, March 5, NOON. I drive a Chevy Bolt EV and
live nearby and plan to be there. -Jon A.
The meet-up tomorrow, Saturday, March 5, at Noon, will happen at the Princeton Tesla Supercharger location. The Supercharger station is located next to the Little General Store, some BP gas pumps and Starbucks. If things get a little crowded at the Supercharger, please consider parking at the Lowe's across the access road from the Superchargers.

The weather prediction is for sunshine. For anyone looking for lunch, there is an Arby's co-located with the Little General, and there is a local "Dolly's Diner" across Oakvale Road from the SC station. A Shoney's and a Captain D's are located a few yards down the road from Dolly's.

The roads around the Supercharger will likely be busy on Saturday. Please use caution when driving or walking near the location.

See you tomorrow!

I'll be visiting family this summer in Charleston driving our MYLR. Should I expect a huge decrease in range going from the Princeton to Charleston because of the elevation changes on the turnpike?
Don't know if I'd say "huge", but as they say, "you're mileage may vary".

I would just use something like abetterrouteplanner.com or even the built-in nav and go with its recommendation. They are surprisingly good at taking elevation changes into account.

Don't know if I'd say "huge", but as they say, "you're mileage may vary".

I would just use something like abetterrouteplanner.com or even the built-in nav and go with its recommendation. They are surprisingly good at taking elevation changes into account.
I was planning on using ABRP. Thank you for your response! It's making me feel better and better about taking such a long journey!

FWIW, here is a drive from Mt. Airy, NC to Charleston, WV in my M3LR: TeslaFi.com Shared Drive
(we stopped for dinner in Wytheville but didn't charge there because we had stopped in Mt. Airy, NC and were in no danger of not making it to Charleston).
It looks like the tail end of this drive was not logged in detail (probably bad signal through that section of WV).

According to the TeslaFi log, I achieved 85% efficiency (actual miles vs. rated miles). Normally I am right around 100%, so yes, there was definitely a hit due to elevation changes, but not a huge deal. And this was before the Princeton & Mt. Hope superchargers were even a glimmer in someone's eye.