Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Reston, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You should've driven it first. We need someone to document a clean run into this location.
I try to get the hard ones from where the navigation drops out, I used to include much longer tracks but many found them distracting. This one is coming from the Dulles Toll Road off-ramp the only cuts were to the red lights so the sped up sections could be smoother.

I try to get the hard ones from where the navigation drops out, I used to include much longer tracks but many found them distracting. This one is coming from the Dulles Toll Road off-ramp the only cuts were to the red lights so the sped up sections could be smoother.
I like what you are doing overall but for this particular location the video isn't very helpful IMO. You were in the wrong lane coming in, went in the wrong entrance, andtand jump cut missed the key turn causing a loss of situational awareness as to how to access the correct entrance. You have a nice setup and captured nice video. Maybe you could rerun the entrance and capture an unbroken run in that demonstrates the correct lane and how to veer right, then left, then right into what looks like a deadend.

I like what you are doing overall but for this particular location the video isn't very helpful IMO. You were in the wrong lane coming in, went in the wrong entrance, andtand jump cut missed the key turn causing a loss of situational awareness as to how to access the correct entrance. You have a nice setup and captured nice video. Maybe you could rerun the entrance and capture an unbroken run in that demonstrates the correct lane and how to veer right, then left, then right into what looks like a deadend.
Thank you, I'll see what I can do. The reset saw us go back to where I made the wrong turn the "not this one" the two entrances are meters apart, the weird setup for the entrance and the angle of the ramp do make it feel like a bad entrance. The cut inside the correct entrance is me cutting out something embarrassing I said but is maybe a meter or three down the correct entrance tunnel. The little Tesla sign opposite all the orange posts is indicating the right-hand turn into the charging cave.

The cut where I'm on foot was to alleviate some wild swinging of the camera (in high speed) where I look to ensure I don't get run over at the intersection.

The one where I do a triple lane change after seeing the bus saw locals with no patience for someone who didn't pick the right lane box me out.

I'll see what's left in the cutting room floor and see if I can piece together something smooth, if not it'll be until work takes me that way as it's a paid access road from where I live. Yes there is a local route, I'll look and see how difficult that is to maneuver.

I realize it's OT for this thread, but if you haven't already done one for Rockville, MD (I didn't see one in your videos), then that would be another worthwhile one. There are two parking garages at Rockville Town Center, and if you don't know ahead of time specifically what to look for, you will invariably go into the wrong one. Once you get to the right one, you can see signs and it's fairly clear how to find the Superchargers, but picking out the correct garage in the first place is a key factor.

• Love
Reactions: Kacey Green
I realize it's OT for this thread, but if you haven't already done one for Rockville, MD (I didn't see one in your videos), then that would be another worthwhile one. There are two parking garages at Rockville Town Center, and if you don't know ahead of time specifically what to look for, you will invariably go into the wrong one. Once you get to the right one, you can see signs and it's fairly clear how to find the Superchargers, but picking out the correct garage in the first place is a key factor.
Sounds like fun! We'll make our way there for sure.

A new improved sign has been installed since my last visit.

As some have said, it takes some wandering to find the "Kiss and Ride" entrance (dont go into "Park and Ride") - but once you find right entrance -- this sign should help

IMG_6274.JPG

I visited the Reston, VA supercharger today but had to follow directions from Google Maps on my phone since my MS did not show this charger in its list, but I knew it was available since i use this app. Anyone know why I can’t see it in my car? Early 2016 Model S.

Do you have the latest software update, and does your MCU exhibit other issues? It could be a stale or corrupt database. Try rebooting it only after you get home in case it doesn't come up. Also connect to Wi-Fi to allow it to download updates.

V10.2 (2020.36.3.1.58d6902aeb93) Haven’t noticed any other anomaly’s with MCU. Rebooted and still no indication of Reston SC. It’s always connected to wi-fi when home. I checked our Model 3 and it shows it. I wonder what else I’m missing? Strange.

You can try cleaning up the navigation history by sliding items to the side as too many of those can slow it down.

You can try a factory reset, but I don't think in your case that is worth it as it is too disruptive.

You can contact Tesla for suggestions: Tesla SSO - Sign In maybe they can remotely look into the MCU.

Good luck! :)

Glad to know Fairfax Security folks can read signs. This guy parked in a “Tesla Vehicle Parking Only” when there were “15 Minute General Parking” spots available. Oh well. View attachment 687334View attachment 687335
Their office/break area is behind that door. I suspect they had that back corner all to themselves until Tesla installed the superchargers, so they probably feel entitled to the spots.